Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I know what kind of work they do. I've ran liberty on and off from its creation. I've donated. For now we still have a first amendment which means I can state my opinion. Ill gladly give you my paypal address for anyone who wants to send me five bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ltlbsteed

Reaction score
Running Liberty 2.0 with EpicBlue theme and all is going very well. I was having a problem getting the themes to work through toolbox, I kept getting installation aborted. I had download the theme from the forums and then install through recovery, after I selected mount/system. I too installed the FIX for the FC and it worked out great for me. Got it all setup perfect and then saw a FIX/Modification on another forum to increase the speed of your SD Card. It works awesome for me and I sure do notice the speed increase.

Here is some of the info which I took from where I found it: Or do a search for the info and you will find some .zip files which your suppose to be able to install through recover, that way didn't work for me and I did it with Root Explorer. -Enjoy :)

How to Increase the Reading Speed of your SD Card

You can check your current speed by looking at /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb with root explorer mine was set to 128 so I followed the instructions below to change it to 2048

Make a file with this content:

#!/system/bin/sh
if [ -e
/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
then
/system/xbin/echo
"128" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
fi;

Change the red marked number from 128 to what you need (example 2048).
Save it as "99sdcardreadfix", copy it with the Root explorer or push it with ADB into
/system/etc/init.d and set permissions to 777. Reboot.

Question SLCMotor: after creating this file, fixing permission, and rebooting, should the value in read_ahead_kb reflect the replaced value? I think i did everything right and changed the value to 2048 but read_ahead_kb still says 128.

thepolishguy

Reaction score
Is anyone having email problems? I don't know if its my Hotmail acct or the rom but I keep getting old emails that I have already deleted from days ago into my inbox. Also when I go to my email I keep getting a connection error. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Ok - you may know this and I am certainly not trying to insult your intelligence - so I am not trying to be an... I am seriously just asking...

For me - Hotmail doesn't sync. Only my gmail accounts "syncs". In other words - a hotmail I delete from my phone does not get deleted from my hotmail account - only from my phone. If you never check your hotmail account from your PC and actually delete theme from there - they will continue to "return" - because they are on the server. So after you delete them from your phone and refresh - they come back - because they are actually still there.

Hope that makes sense. This has been my experience at least.

mcp770

Reaction score
All the donation rumblings aside I am looking forward to the public release. I will need to see some stellar reviews though. GB is really good for battery, speed, and 100% functional. Really nice to have the blur dialer and hdmi that works while still pulling an 1800 in quadrant without any overclocking. For me the timing of this liberty release was just bad wroth GB being leaked at the same time and I'm not into donating anything more. I own several jrummy apps and have donated to Kejar in the gummy days. With the locked bootloader is this really anything more than another rewrapped version of 340? I'm not attempting to flame but GB really is a better rom version so why even bother with another regurgitated 340 rom? I would however pounce on a GB based liberty for sure.

bapte

Reaction score
better off you dont come back to liberty with that bad attitude...or just throw your phone in the trash and get an iphone or blackberry. these dev's are working hard for you and me and you go ahead and bash their stuff. im glad they took your 5 bucks. im testing their stuff and yes, it has some tweeking to do, but i feel honored to test their stuff for them. lib 1.5 was perfect and so will be 2.0.

So you have to have a certain attitude to use Liberty :icon_eek:. I'm sure people can voice there opinions bad or good on a subject that was made public.

I mean we are in America, not your world after all..

And on a side note your butt sucking is playing it off like all these devs are in a sweatshop working there butts off to please us.. I'm sure they release these roms cause they enjoy doing it..

jlinn75

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get multi touch keyboard

Ok I just downloaded free liberty toolbox and install multi touch

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Wildrat

Reaction score
I don't understand someone saying this ROM has major problems. What major problems? The only issue I had was in the beginning with Liberty settings FC'ing and now that is fixed. Liberty 2.0 is working perfectly on my DX. No problems with anything now. I had a Droid when they first came out and used Bugless Beast up until V.5 and I used to have problems with it. I switched to Cyanogen Mod on my Droid and it worked perfect. I have this DX now and am running Liberty, started with 1.5 and now 2.0 and the install was flawless. If you follow the instructions you will have no problem. I'm happy and hope development continues.

theidoctor

Reaction score
Havent been on the forums in a while... Liberty sounds like the next big thing!!!

Im on gb... Hopefully liberty will get on that.

Since leaving rubix, my battery dies twice as fast

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nordy420

Reaction score
Havent been on the forums in a while... Liberty sounds like the next big thing!!!

You should sbf and give liberty a shot. My battery life is stellar on 2.0, and the performance is better than any other rom I have tried.

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Ok so when I get to this point I click on the file to see what the speed is set at and absolutely nothing happens... it doesn't open anything at all in fact... I can browse the folders and I can install apk files... but files that have that badge on them I cannot open... is there something that I missing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ltlbsteed

Reaction score
Long press the file in root explorer, it brings up more options - select "view as text" and it should display the value. I'm having trouble getting this patch to take, so if you have luck let us know. :)

cyrisnooborn

Reaction score

You should sbf and give liberty a shot. My battery life is stellar on 2.0, and the performance is better than any other rom I have tried.

I agree. Liberty 2.0 is very good. I don't really have anything to compare it to with this being my first rom and I'm kinda new to this rooting and Tom stuff but as far as I can tell liberty 2.0 is well develloped easy to install and use, and fast. I'm very satisfied with it. Well Worth the 5 bucks

Sent from DX with Liberty 2

jmllr112

Reaction score
liberty 2.0

cant get gmail to work tried to uninstall butt their is no uninstall just update tried that but got unsuccessful install app not sighed correct help please

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Long press the file in root explorer, it brings up more options - select "view as text" and it should display the value. I'm having trouble getting this patch to take, so if you have luck let us know. :)

...oh my god I'm an absolute idiot.... one of those brain farts I guess....I was long pressing over and over, but didn't realize that the menu was SCROLLABLE! ....duh there's more options in there!! .....i'm going to be working on this tonight, so I'll get back to you to see how it works.

jmllr112

Reaction score
help

HELP gmail and email not working was two days ago running liberty 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.