Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

louy99

Reaction score
Would love my five bucks back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

better off you dont come back to liberty with that bad attitude...or just throw your phone in the trash and get an iphone or blackberry. these dev's are working hard for you and me and you go ahead and bash their stuff. im glad they took your 5 bucks. im testing their stuff and yes, it has some tweeking to do, but i feel honored to test their stuff for them. lib 1.5 was perfect and so will be 2.0.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
If you want your five dollars back give me your address and I will mail you a money order bc this Rom is great. Fast and the battery life is great. Running Black and Blue Gingerbread theme with custom font. Looks great

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Also its a release for testing so it's not gonna be perfect. That's why we test it and report problems so they can fix it for ppl who are way too judgemental and impatient

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Running Liberty 2.0 with EpicBlue theme and all is going very well. I was having a problem getting the themes to work through toolbox, I kept getting installation aborted. I had download the theme from the forums and then install through recovery, after I selected mount/system. I too installed the FIX for the FC and it worked out great for me. Got it all setup perfect and then saw a FIX/Modification on another forum to increase the speed of your SD Card. It works awesome for me and I sure do notice the speed increase.

Here is some of the info which I took from where I found it: Or do a search for the info and you will find some .zip files which your suppose to be able to install through recover, that way didn't work for me and I did it with Root Explorer. -Enjoy :)

How to Increase the Reading Speed of your SD Card

You can check your current speed by looking at /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb with root explorer mine was set to 128 so I followed the instructions below to change it to 2048

Make a file with this content:

#!/system/bin/sh
if [ -e
/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
then
/system/xbin/echo
"128" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
fi;

Change the red marked number from 128 to what you need (example 2048).
Save it as "99sdcardreadfix", copy it with the Root explorer or push it with ADB into
/system/etc/init.d and set permissions to 777. Reboot.

...a few questions... I just downloaded root explorer, what do I have to change to allow me to open/view a file: tried to see what my current speed is, found the file, but couldn't open (new to root explorer; sorry) ...this will probably solve question 2 which is: I create a file named '99sdcardreadfix', but I can't open it to enter in the info!
....question 3 is; how do I change permissions? ....if I look like a moron for asking these, I'm sorry! I just thought it would be awesome to do, and tried, and got scared that I would F something up!

infinityexperience

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the stock visual voicemail back? I had to download "YouMail" and I think that app sucks.

wildride89

Reaction score
Is anyone having email problems? I don't know if its my Hotmail acct or the rom but I keep getting old emails that I have already deleted from days ago into my inbox. Also when I go to my email I keep getting a connection error. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

db306

Reaction score
Is there anyway to add back the stock dialer/blur phone. Just not crazy about the all black and like the look of the original. Thanks

AROD111

Reaction score
Would love my five bucks back.

better off you dont come back to liberty with that bad attitude...or just throw your phone in the trash and get an iphone or blackberry. these dev's are working hard for you and me and you go ahead and bash their stuff. im glad they took your 5 bucks. im testing their stuff and yes, it has some tweeking to do, but i feel honored to test their stuff for them. lib 1.5 was perfect and so will be 2.0.

The guy isn't bashing, he is simply stating he wants his five bucks back. There is no need to go off on him just because he doesnt like a ROM as much as you. And for the record, I haven't tried 2.0 yet...but 1.5 was FAR from perfect.

webmastir

Reaction score
^& people wondered why i nicely asked others to bring that $5 talk to a separate thread :icon_eek:

Last edited:

webmastir

Reaction score
...a few questions... I just downloaded root explorer, what do I have to change to allow me to open/view a file: tried to see what my current speed is, found the file, but couldn't open (new to root explorer; sorry) ...this will probably solve question 2 which is: I create a file named '99sdcardreadfix', but I can't open it to enter in the info!
....question 3 is; how do I change permissions? ....if I look like a moron for asking these, I'm sorry! I just thought it would be awesome to do, and tried, and got scared that I would F something up!

just tap on the file to open it & view its contents.
easiest way is to prob get the file he hyperlinked in his post (pre set to 2048KB). throw it on your dropbox. download onto phone then use root explorer to copy it (downloads to /sdcard/dropbox/ ) then browse to init.d mount the filesystem as r/w (top right button) paste it there. then change its perms to 777 then revert mount back to r/o

Status
Not open for further replies.