Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Update: changed the values from 128k to 1024k, 2048k, & 3072k, had the best benchmarks with 2048; 3072 actually was worse, so I didn't bother with 4096k ....now I have to work on making it permanent; I can't download the files from xda because I am a new user and they won't allow it, so I'm going to attempt to create one from scratch...

johnny9374

Reaction score
I know what kind of work they do. I've ran liberty on and off from its creation. I've donated. For now we still have a first amendment which means I can state my opinion. Ill gladly give you my paypal address for anyone who wants to send me five bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Can I hand deliver it so I can smack you over the head while I'm there?

Valvoline

Reaction score
to whom it may concern........;)

could the OP be updated with all the fixes and adjustments plz?
i read through most of this thread but finding it all in the OP would be great!

Mars

Reaction score
anybody here know how to adjust the font sizing? like make it a lil bigger. i tried changing it under the spare parts settings but it keeps reverting back. any idea? thanks

skunkmilk

Reaction score
is there anyway to get the pull down menu for sending txt or email i liked that id just click on favorites
and send one of my idiots a msg now i have to start typing there name this 2.0 is slick best 5 bucks iv spent so far with my DX and is there any way to change the image for someone you dont have a photo for
i know its not just liberty id rather have at least a color droid guy not that shadow

thanks

SLCMotor

Reaction score
Running Liberty 2.0 with EpicBlue theme and all is going very well. I was having a problem getting the themes to work through toolbox, I kept getting installation aborted. I had download the theme from the forums and then install through recovery, after I selected mount/system. I too installed the FIX for the FC and it worked out great for me. Got it all setup perfect and then saw a FIX/Modification on another forum to increase the speed of your SD Card. It works awesome for me and I sure do notice the speed increase.

Here is some of the info which I took from where I found it: Or do a search for the info and you will find some .zip files which your suppose to be able to install through recover, that way didn't work for me and I did it with Root Explorer. -Enjoy :)

How to Increase the Reading Speed of your SD Card

You can check your current speed by looking at /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb with root explorer mine was set to 128 so I followed the instructions below to change it to 2048

Make a file with this content:

#!/system/bin/sh
if [ -e
/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
then
/system/xbin/echo
"128" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
fi;

Change the red marked number from 128 to what you need (example 2048).
Save it as "99sdcardreadfix", copy it with the Root explorer or push it with ADB into
/system/etc/init.d and set permissions to 777. Reboot.

...a few questions... I just downloaded root explorer, what do I have to change to allow me to open/view a file: tried to see what my current speed is, found the file, but couldn't open (new to root explorer; sorry) ...this will probably solve question 2 which is: I create a file named '99sdcardreadfix', but I can't open it to enter in the info!
....question 3 is; how do I change permissions? ....if I look like a moron for asking these, I'm sorry! I just thought it would be awesome to do, and tried, and got scared that I would F something up!

If you didn't figure it out yet.. In Root Explorer Long press the file you want to select and the options screen will appear, scroll down and you will see "View as text" or Open in Text Editor. Same for Permissions is in the options menu..

Hope that helps..

SLCMotor

Reaction score
Update: changed the values from 128k to 1024k, 2048k, & 3072k, had the best benchmarks with 2048; 3072 actually was worse, so I didn't bother with 4096k ....now I have to work on making it permanent; I can't download the files from xda because I am a new user and they won't allow it, so I'm going to attempt to create one from scratch...

It should stay permanent using those instructions but here is the file.
2048 File

I did it all manually set permissions to /system/etc/init.d/99sdcardspeedfix to r-xr-xr-x

Last edited:

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score

It should stay permanent using those instructions but here is the file.
2048 File

I did it all manually set permissions to /system/etc/init.d/99sdcardspeedfix to r-xr-xr-x

Worked like a champ! Thank you very much for your help; I'll save that file; I guess I was entering in the code wrong before, it was late, so that is VERY possible!

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
well look at that ..... now xda dev is allowing me to dl files after I already have it taken care of .... that's the way of it sometimes...

twiyojdi

Reaction score
I meant sbf to 2.3.2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Could I just download an sbf for .340 and flash that? Or would it brick my phone if I try to flash .340 when I am currently on GB unrooted? Thanks!

db306

Reaction score
I meant sbf to 2.3.2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Could I just download an sbf for .340 and flash that? Or would it brick my phone if I try to flash .340 when I am currently on GB unrooted? Thanks!

No it should not brick your phone if you want to revert to stock from GB. You have to flash the SBF via your computer, not through bootstrap. What I did was go into setting, privacy and did a factory reset. Then powered down and manually booted into boot loader and flashed .340

twistedlim

Reaction score
Havent been on the forums in a while... Liberty sounds like the next big thing!!!

Im on gb... Hopefully liberty will get on that.

Since leaving rubix, my battery dies twice as fast

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Are you using any clocking app or overclocking at all via the rom?

db306

Reaction score
Would love my five bucks back.

better off you dont come back to liberty with that bad attitude...or just throw your phone in the trash and get an iphone or blackberry. these dev's are working hard for you and me and you go ahead and bash their stuff. im glad they took your 5 bucks. im testing their stuff and yes, it has some tweeking to do, but i feel honored to test their stuff for them. lib 1.5 was perfect and so will be 2.0.

The guy isn't bashing, he is simply stating he wants his five bucks back. There is no need to go off on him just because he doesnt like a ROM as much as you. And for the record, I haven't tried 2.0 yet...but 1.5 was FAR from perfect.

I agree with ya. Some of these guys take this stuff WAY to serious. I paid the $5 and I'm running 2.0 and it's pretty good but not the BEST I've seen. God forbid anyone that criticizes a ROM because someones feelings might get hurt. People need to grow up and stop bashing people for their thoughts and opinions. I wish the Mods would start suspending/banning people for jumping down others throats and just allow people to have a civil discusion. Enough already!

Status
Not open for further replies.