Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyfj

Reaction score
I was running Liberty 1.5 and I donated the $5 to get the pay toolbox and the new 2.0 I do want to state that I DO NOT MIND GIVING $5 for all the work theses guys have done on both Liberty 1.5 and 2.0 I have the 2.0 installed and have had ZERO problems. I just may not be as knowledgeable as some of you. But what is the biggest difference between 1.5 and 2.0? Because I don't see much difference. Maybe someone can show me what I am missing? Thanks

SLCMotor

Reaction score
Running Liberty 2.0 with EpicBlue theme and all is going very well. I was having a problem getting the themes to work through toolbox, I kept getting installation aborted. I had download the theme from the forums and then install through recovery, after I selected mount/system. I too installed the FIX for the FC and it worked out great for me. Got it all setup perfect and then saw a FIX/Modification on another forum to increase the speed of your SD Card. It works awesome for me and I sure do notice the speed increase.

Here is some of the info which I took from where I found it: Or do a search for the info and you will find some .zip files which your suppose to be able to install through recover, that way didn't work for me and I did it with Root Explorer. -Enjoy :)

How to Increase the Reading Speed of your SD Card

You can check your current speed by looking at /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb with root explorer mine was set to 128 so I followed the instructions below to change it to 2048

Make a file with this content:

#!/system/bin/sh
if [ -e
/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
then
/system/xbin/echo
"128" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
fi;

Change the red marked number from 128 to what you need (example 2048).
Save it as "99sdcardreadfix", copy it with the Root explorer or push it with ADB into
/system/etc/init.d and set permissions to 777. Reboot.

Last edited:

HoppingZombie

Reaction score
is it possible for me to install this without losing all of my contacts/apps/app memory?

eriscrazy

Reaction score
When is this going live for non donations. I have donated in the past but can't right now. When is it going public?!?!?!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

VanZandt

Reaction score
is it possible for me to install this without losing all of my contacts/apps/app memory?

Yes, your contacts are saved on Googles server and will return shortly after install. As for your apps and app data, I suggest looking into titanium backup from the market

ROLLXDAMNXTIDE

Reaction score
Why when I donate and get 2.0 liberty app do I have to wipe cache and data? I'm afraid of doing that lol. What all will I lose if I follow thru with it? I need some dummy explanations about all this.

nordy420

Reaction score
Why when I donate and get 2.0 liberty app do I have to wipe cache and data? I'm afraid of doing that lol. What all will I lose if I follow thru with it? I need some dummy explanations about all this.

After a data wipe, your phone will be in a semi-stock state. All of market apps will redownload after the initial sync. You will lose your texts and call history. Make sure you have all pics saved to SD card before wipe also. A lot of your programs offer a backup option like launchepro offers a backup homescreens option. After the wipe you can then just restore and all you have to setup is most of your Widgets. I think I covered most if it. After a few wipes it is not as big of deal really. Just make sure you have contacts synced through Google servers and you should be ok, you will figure it all out the more you do it.

Mars

Reaction score
Mybackup in the market works just as well to backup and restore apps and data

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ROLLXDAMNXTIDE

Reaction score
My back up root tells me I'm not rooted but I know I am...??? I use wireless tether almost daily and many other root apps like lib toolbox so I don't understand.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Sorry but this rom has some major problems. Back to rubix for me. Just wish keejar and Droid were still on the x. Oh well time to get bolted.

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
If you're going to complain about problems; include what problems you are talking about and see if they can be worked out. ...there have been a number of issues talked about in this forum, many of which have been resolved. Running into a room and blurting 'this product sucks and i'm out' = trolling; save that for youtube and facebook. Move on to the Tbolt and try out Kejar's Tesla Coil....just don't troll his room!

Status
Not open for further replies.