[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread v0.4 - Return of the Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilahimm

Reaction score
Does the phone have speed dial? Can you use the blur dialer or does the latest version .5 just have the same aosp dialer that was in 1.5?

Not sure about speed dial cause I don't use it. The rom comes with the blur dialer though.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should be 0.4. Mine was 0.2 right when i dl the toolbox but it switched to 4 quickly so i would wait a min or 2

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

fbskiracer

Reaction score
Bricked that one (libery 0.2)

Reflashing with the SBF to 2.3.2. Will reattempt to directly flash to libert 0.4 from the donate toolbox.

mikex

Reaction score
Does the phone have speed dial? Can you use the blur dialer or does the latest version .5 just have the same aosp dialer that was in 1.5?

Not sure about speed dial cause I don't use it. The rom comes with the blur dialer though.

Thanks for the response. That's good news cause the old dialer didn't have speed dial and that was the deal breaker back on 1.5 Looks like its time to get liberated again! dancedroid

fbskiracer

Reaction score
Bricked that one (libery 0.2)

Reflashing with the SBF to 2.3.2. Will reattempt to directly flash to libert 0.4 from the donate toolbox.

Should work

OK Did that on the About phone screen it reads Android Versions 2.2.1 and ROM version Liberty v2.0.1

Is that the newest version? I get the feeling it isn't and I need to flash gingerbread then then liberty GB rom.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

Dream

Reaction score
Running v.5 I cant seem to get it to charge over 70% with my home charger (from my htc droid incredible) and when it hits 70% it turns the screen on. It seems to charge to 90% when I use my car charger, but the screen doesnt come on. Any idea's? I've already wiped and reloaded like 3 times.

EricBee

Reaction score
Running v.5 I cant seem to get it to charge over 70% with my home charger (from my htc droid incredible) and when it hits 70% it turns the screen on. It seems to charge to 90% when I use my car charger, but the screen doesnt come on. Any idea's? I've already wiped and reloaded like 3 times.

I just wanted to add something interesting to that. I SBFed last night. Then I went to install liberty. I was a little nervous because the battery was at 10%. I plugged it in and restarted for the ROM flash. When it was done it was at 40%. There is no way that crappy stock charger increased it 20% in less than 5 minutes. It takes me like 30 just to go 10%.

I am thinking these ROMs monitor the battery differently.

Dream

Reaction score

I just wanted to add something interesting to that. I SBFed last night. Then I went to install liberty. I was a little nervous because the battery was at 10%. I plugged it in and restarted for the ROM flash. When it was done it was at 40%. There is no way that crappy stock charger increased it 20% in less than 5 minutes. It takes me like 30 just to go 10%.

I think you and I are having a lot of the same issues :)

kilahimm

Reaction score

Alot of times when you flash a rom it helps to recalibrate the phone so that it reads the battery correctly. There is an app in the market called "Battery Calibration" https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result which makes re-calibrating very easy. If you don't want to use the app you can always charge your device to 100% and while plugged in boot into bootstrap. Under advanced, choose wipe battery stats, then unplug and reboot. Run your device until the battery dies without rebooting or charging. When your device is dead charge back to 100% while powered off. When charged power it back up and you should get much more consistent battery results.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Alot of times when you flash a rom it helps to recalibrate the phone so that it reads the battery correctly. There is an app in the market called "Battery Calibration" https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result which makes re-calibrating very easy. If you don't want to use the app you can always charge your device to 100% and while plugged in boot into bootstrap. Under advanced, choose wipe battery stats, then unplug and reboot. Run your device until the battery dies without rebooting or charging. When your device is dead charge back to 100% while powered off. When charged power it back up and you should get much more consistent battery results.

Love this app. Been using it for months now.

EricBee

Reaction score
Official GB released on Friday. I wonder which version it will be. 591, 595, or something else.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No root as of yet though :( im sure it's not far off though.

ewinoh11

Reaction score
So I was on 2.0.1. I just downloaded and installed GB .1.

Now do I install the Kernel or do I install v.4 / .5?

I'm also wondering and can't really find it, what are the differences between .4 / .5?

Status
Not open for further replies.