Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

boilerdogg

Reaction score
epic blue

Thanks Stetson, I'm going to put the zip packs on my sdcard and see how it goes. The theme you developed " with help " is awesome. Let you know how it goes.

PurpleViper

Reaction score
Question..Now that my DroidX is on Liberty 2.0.1 What will happen when Gingerbread gets pushed out? Do I need to go back to stock but rooted and do the Gingerbread upgrade and then back to Liberty? I not sure of the process or if there info is someplace can you point me to it. Thanks.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Question..Now that my DroidX is on Liberty 2.0.1 What will happen when Gingerbread gets pushed out? Do I need to go back to stock but rooted and do the Gingerbread upgrade and then back to Liberty? I not sure of the process or if there info is someplace can you point me to it. Thanks.

Your best bet would have been to make a backup of stock, right after you rooted. Then flash your backup. If you did not do that then I would sbf back to stock .340 after the GB OTA is released. And just take the official GB release. After the official GB is released I'm 100% positive the liberty guys will be all over it getting us a new update for liberty gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

PurpleViper

Reaction score
I did do backup of stock, right after I rooted. So once Iam at this point, when GB gets pushed out I should be able to install it. Thanks

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I did do backup of stock, right after I rooted. So once Iam at this point, when GB gets pushed out I should be able to install it. Thanks

Correct. You need all of verizons bloat to accept the ota, if not the install will fail. Currently it is unknown if you will have to be unrooted to take the gb ota. We won't know until it comes out. I have never had to unroot to take an ota before, but gb could be different.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kilahimm

Reaction score
keep in mind that there currently is no known root method for the ota. if you want to maintain root on gingerbread it'll be best to wait and see when it comes out. once the devs have had a chance to look at it we'll have a better idea of what to do next.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

takiyon

Reaction score
PC Mode

Does anyone care about the PC Mode? Is it still broken? I don't like USB Mode as the only option to connect. Does anyone have an answer?

PurpleViper

Reaction score
liberty toolbox donate

If I have the liberty toolbox donate version, is there any reason to spend the money for ROM Manager?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah rom manager won't work on a phone with a locked bootloader.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ewinoh11

Reaction score
So I'm somewhat disappointed in v.4 of Liberty and it's lack of theming. It also isn't working very well with the launcher of my choice (Zeam). I'd like to revert back to 2.0.1 until something more complete comes out for GB.

Can anyone walk me through that process step by step?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So I'm somewhat disappointed in v.4 of Liberty and it's lack of theming. It also isn't working very well with the launcher of my choice (Zeam). I'd like to revert back to 2.0.1 until something more complete comes out for GB.

Can anyone walk me through that process step by step?

LGB development was halted due to the pending release of the official OTA Gingerbread. After it is released, it should be the new base for Liberty. Themes were also halted b/c of the pending release.

It is simple to get back to 2.0.1. First you will need to SBF back to Froyo. After that you will need to root and get droid x bootstrapper. Then you can just install your backup of Liberty 2.0.1, assuming you have a backup (which you should). If for some reason you do not have a backup, you will need to install Liberty 2.0.1 just like you did the first time you installed it. Most importantly, you must SBF to go from GB to Froyo.

chknhwk

Reaction score
I loaded 2.0.1 and followed the directions but I appear to be having some problems and I was wondering if anybody else had reported/experienced the same thing. My screen appears to be possessed and will randomly select whatever it feels like. It's gotten so bad that my phone is now useless. When it first started I could rectify the situation by pulling the battery, it would be better for about 24hours but now it doesn't help at all.
I did a factory wipe/reset before installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.