Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

jimmyshaft

Reaction score
Renamed file to update.zip so recovery console can see it. That's right, right?

Anyway, the result is: Signature verification failed

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Renamed file to update.zip so recovery console can see it. That's right, right?

Anyway, the result is: Signature verification failed

You are on Froyo, right? Sometimes I have had to do a clean sbf to get things to work when I install a ROM.

CM74DX

jimmyshaft

Reaction score
Yeah, I just SBF'd to 2.2.1 today, system version 2.3.340. I've got both clockwordmod and superuser loaded up post z4rooting as well.

Both clockwork and Liberty Toolbox Pro will say that they are rebooting to recovery and then come back up in 2.2.1.

jimmyshaft

Reaction score
Thanks brad92! That worked just fine and now I am on Justice! I had dl'd clockwork from the marketplace and confused it with the bootstrap app provided. I'm surprised not to have found that step either integrated into the toolbox or more prevalent in the forum how-tos. I'd be a bland froyo with you! :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks brad92! That worked just fine and now I am on Justice! I had dl'd clockwork from the marketplace and confused it with the bootstrap app provided. I'm surprised not to have found that step either integrated into the toolbox or more prevalent in the forum how-tos. I'd be a bland froyo with you! :)

Glad you got it fixed man. ;)

CM74DX

cancerousbull

Reaction score
hey there,
i cant seem to flash any of the GB roms v0.7 thru 0.9. i have the donated version
rom manager and i download the file, hit instal now and nothing... it takes me to the recovery screen and just sits there. any help??

giga pipe

Reaction score
i was wondering how can i get into the Liberty Customization preferences vs in re-flashing a rom. The older Liberty Rom was more straight forward (at least for me). I also have the the donated version.

giga pipe

Reaction score
I have a Droid x 2.33, I had the liberty 1.5 rom dark slide loved it. I replaced it with gb v0.9. I have the liberty rom pro app. I was wondering if i can install other roms from this app. I already tried fryo and guiceman. But its giving me the boot loop. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid x 2.33, I had the liberty 1.5 rom dark slide loved it. I replaced it with gb v0.9. I have the liberty rom pro app. I was wondering if i can install other roms from this app. I already tried fryo and guiceman. But its giving me the boot loop. Am I doing something wrong?

You are on GB. You cannot flash a Froyo kernel ROM such as Liquid 2.6 or the others. You can get on .602 and flash Liberty 3 or Shuji. Or you can flash Revnumber's CM7

Boot Manager

giga pipe

Reaction score
I did update the. 602 file. That's how I switched to gb. How can I flash the froyo rom? Do I need to go back to Liberty1.5?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did update the. 602 file. That's how I switched to gb. How can I flash the froyo rom? Do I need to go back to Liberty1.5?

You have 2 options. You can sbf using the links in my signature, which is the cleaner way. Or you can go to the Liberty Toolbox and download the 2.3.340 zip file and flash it. I have no experience with the zip file, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You have to flash it manually using D2 Bootstrap. Wipe data/cache/dalvik cache and then go to mounts and storage and select format system. Then select mount system. Then flash the zip.

Either way will get you setup so that you can flash a Froyo ROM.

Boot Manager

giga pipe

Reaction score
I installed liberty 3 instead. Im staying with that one. However its given me an error message to updste the .605 file. I already did that with GB. Do I have to do a factory reset, then install liberty 3? Do I still the file with your signeture?

Thanks for help.