Just purchased something online using google checkout/wallet and...

cloud12077

Reaction score
The $10 promotion card didn't get used. According to Google Wallet (Google Wallet - how it works) you can buy things online if you "Look for either of these buttons at checkout." Those buttons happen to be the google checkout and google wallet buttons. I used google checkout and it didn't let me use my $10 promotion card.

I'm wondering if the promotion card is stored on the phone ONLY, since I can't see the promotion card in my google wallet account, but I can see it on my phone still.

Included are some screen shots.

View attachment 44356View attachment 44357

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I think its meant for in store purchases... to my understanding the purpose of the $10 gift card is to encourage you to use the app and once you see how easy it is you will keep using it.

OP
C

cloud12077

Reaction score
I think its meant for in store purchases... to my understanding the purpose of the $10 gift card is to encourage you to use the app and once you see how easy it is you will keep using it.

Too bad my credit card is AMEX...

Reaction score
Yeah, the online Google Wallet interface and the mobile app are totally separate. If you look at your transactions on both they don't overlap. Also, you could always just recharge the prepaid card since you don't have a mastercard.