Google Wallet updated to allow any kind of card.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just uninstall and reboot and reinstalled and it worked. :biggrin: it somehow grab 5 of my credit card automatically and just wanted me to verify them and add the address. anyone else?

btw..if my google prepaid card is enable and my cc is enable which one would it use? seems weird that both can be enable.

Yep. Those are all cards that you've tied to google checkout one way or another. It will also use the one that has the Blue NFC icon lit up. Swiping to your other card and pressing it, makes that card your default.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep. Those are all cards that you've tied to google checkout one way or another. It will also use the one that has the Blue NFC icon lit up. Swiping to your other card and pressing it, makes that card your default.

Yep, the interface is super slick. You could virtually have 100's of credit cards locked up tight and secure in your phone. I used Wallet when I first got the phone back in December, but when I started crack-flashing the secure element error scared the hell out of me so I stopped using it altogether as a precautionary step. Now that they've added support for all cards and they've removed the secure element from the equation there's no reason not to use this now. I installed it yesterday, launched it, and all my cards were waiting for me - they each just needed some verification. Also, my google card, which I forgot about, was waiting for me with a nice $30 surprise :)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, the interface is super slick. You could virtually have 100's of credit cards locked up tight and secure in your phone. I used Wallet when I first got the phone back in December, but when I started crack-flashing the secure element error scared the hell out of me so I stopped using it altogether as a precautionary step. Now that they've added support for all cards and they've removed the secure element from the equation there's no reason not to use this now. I installed it yesterday, launched it, and all my cards were waiting for me - they each just needed some verification. Also, my google card, which I forgot about, was waiting for me with a nice $30 surprise :)
Lunch on sbenson everybody.:p

Nealius

Reaction score
Sweet.. but I do worry about losing my phone more and more. Now that Google now knows were I live and work. it also has a Credit card on it.

Oh well its cool technology. Ill take my chances. Never lost a phone yet.

gernerttl

Reaction score
That's funny....I had GW installed (I thought doing the work-around to get it from the Play Store). It worked fine, but when I saw this, it wasn't in the list of My Apps on my phone, so I couldn't update it. Couldn't even see it when I searched the Play Store. When I used your link though, it came up (of course), saying it was installed on my Nexus. So I clicked install, selected my Nexus as the device (even though it said it was already installed), and it downloaded to my phone and installed. Don't know why I couldn't see it in my list of apps though. Oh well, all is good now!

Now if there were only more retailers that accepted it. Like maybe EVERY gas station.

You couldn't see it in the Play Store, because they know you are running the Verizon GNex. Verizon probably told them not to show it for Verizon GNex users. Which violates the agreement signed with the FCC when Verizon bought the C Block portion of the spectrum.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet.. but I do worry about losing my phone more and more. Now that Google now knows were I live and work. it also has a Credit card on it.

Oh well its cool technology. Ill take my chances. Never lost a phone yet.

Google Wallet is secured with a four digit pin so I think you're safe if you lose it :)

Nealius

Reaction score
True.. about that, does anyone know the limit of incorrect pins until the phone locks wallet down? Im assuming there is such a feature built in.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Google Wallet is secured with a four digit pin so I think you're safe if you lose it :)

it had the 4 digit pin before this update. Maybe my knowledge of how is work is lacking but what makes it more secure now then it was before? school me, im always in to learn new things. :)

rjcapp

Reaction score
Thanks. I had an older version app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

zero7404

Reaction score
with nfc .... what happens if its enabled and u lose the phone or it gets stolen ?

is there a way to terminate or kill the wallet service via ur google account ?

how about nfc hijacking ? say ur in nyc and going in/out of establishments that are crowded. somebody sitting in a cafe that accepts nfc payments may have the equipment to eavesdrop ... proxmark nfc.

posted via android ....

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
with nfc .... what happens if its enabled and u lose the phone or it gets stolen ?

is there a way to terminate or kill the wallet service via ur google account ?

how about nfc hijacking ? say ur in nyc and going in/out of establishments that are crowded. somebody sitting in a cafe that accepts nfc payments may have the equipment to eavesdrop ... proxmark nfc.

posted via android ....

First, take off your tinfoil hat. Second, read the FAQ a couple posts above - it will answer all your questions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gernerttl

Reaction score
First, take off your tinfoil hat. Second, read the FAQ a couple posts above - it will answer all your questions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I used to wear a tinfoil hat...but I could still hear the aliens anyway, so I used it to make a baked potato.