Google Wallet updated to allow any kind of card.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I can't download it from the playstore for some reason. It says its not compatible.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I checked the Play Store when the update was first announced and was still denied. So I downloaded the .apk and installed it just fine that way. It works great.

DJTaT2

Reaction score
i have the app downloaded and installed it lets me use the google prepay which i had been using for a while, however when i try to add my visa it says adding card and just sits there and cycles forever and eventually says failure to add card.. any suggestions as to what i can do in order to get it to work?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Mine took a while to load too. Maybe a whole five minutes. Reinstall the app and make sure all the information is correct. Or clear the data or cache

DJTaT2

Reaction score
i tried that a few times, and its not five min, its more like an hr and then says failure to add card however after i enter i enter the info for the card it say card added and has me select a color and then on the main screen where it shows the cards it has a card in the color i picked but says adding card with the cycling circle as if its still trying to add it. my prepay card pops up just fine. im just frustrated because i would really rather have it on my debit card as opposed to having to reload the card whenever i want to use it.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Mine did that too...seemed to take a bit too long to add. I didn't let it go for too long...maybe 2-3 minutes. Then I backed out of the "Loading" screen, went back to view the cards, and it was there.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used wallet over weekend for the first time since January. I went to my local Sports Authority to pick up some gear and I noticed they had the Paypass logo at the checkout. I thought what better time than now to try this out again since I just got it all set up again?

To be honest, I was a little nervous. The line behind me was huge and I didn't want to look like a total jackass on his phone. Anyway, I got to the front of the line, the cashier rang me up, I calmly unlocked wallet and touched it to the pad and.....vibration....and....SUCCESS!

The cashier looked at me like WTF did you just do, as my receipt printed. She looked at it with a glazed over look and handed it to me. I heard a couple people behind me ask, "Did he just pay with his phone?" Awesome :)

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I used wallet over weekend for the first time since January. I went to my local Sports Authority to pick up some gear and I noticed they had the Paypass logo at the checkout. I thought what better time than now to try this out again since I just got it all set up again?

To be honest, I was a little nervous. The line behind me was huge and I didn't want to look like a total jackass on his phone. Anyway, I got to the front of the line, the cashier rang me up, I calmly unlocked wallet and touched it to the pad and.....vibration....and....SUCCESS!

The cashier looked at me like WTF did you just do, as my receipt printed. She looked at it with a glazed over look and handed it to me. I heard a couple people behind me ask, "Did he just pay with his phone?" Awesome :)

hahaha..nice. i used my this weekend also (with new update) even though i used it many many time in the past. the credit card i used worked and it was quicker then before with just google pre-paid card.