No Google wallet?

wolstonc

Reaction score
Engadget posted about a workaround to get Google wallet on the nexus. Which means... It doesn't normally support Google wallet. This saddens me as it was the main reason I wanted nfc. Android beam won't pick up until more phones have nfc. Any word on if Google wallet is coming to the nexus?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am sure it will come to the Galaxy Nexus. It was on the Nexus S so I just don't see why they would bring it to this phone.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Everything I have read points to "ISIS" which is att, tmo and vzw version of wallet. I really would like to see an official release, but at least there is a hack. NFC is promising, but is more of a gimmick if all it will be used for is beaming contacts and the like...just like IR beaming with palm pilots, neat, but not a game changing function.

JFMFT

Reaction score
I suspect VZW setup a deal for blocking Google from putting Google Wallet on this so they can push their own proprietary inter-carrier wallet system (ISIS, as referenced above). I don't see Google Wallet coming to the US Galaxy Nexus, sadly. I believe it'll be compatible with the international version at some point, however. Just a hunch, and I'm probably totally wrong. #notintendedtobeafactualstatement

TheBoyPat

Reaction score
Everything I have read points to "ISIS" which is att, tmo and vzw version of wallet. I really would like to see an official release, but at least there is a hack. NFC is promising, but is more of a gimmick if all it will be used for is beaming contacts and the like...just like IR beaming with palm pilots, neat, but not a game changing function.
It's very much game-changing. Being able to pay with your cellphone is awesome. I can't count the times I've left my wallet by mistake and really needed a way to purchase something.

That being said, I thought Google Wallet was one of the main features toted on this phone. This troubles me.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
It's very much game-changing. Being able to pay with your cellphone is awesome. I can't count the times I've left my wallet by mistake and really needed a way to purchase something.

That being said, I thought Google Wallet was one of the main features toted on this phone. This troubles me.

Exactly my point, Google Wallet would be a game changing NFC function and I was excited to try it, I even got a Citi-MC because Chase (my bank) does not support it. If all the G-Nex NFC function is for is "fist bumping" info, then it's just a toy.

I hope the G-Wallet catches on...even if I have to hack it to use it, that brings more functionality to the phone and becomes a stand-alone every day carry (edc) piece in the pocket. :biggrin:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe Google left out their own future payment method on their own device. I wouldn't worry.