No Google wallet?

wolstonc

Reaction score
Engadget posted about a workaround to get Google wallet on the nexus. Which means... It doesn't normally support Google wallet. This saddens me as it was the main reason I wanted nfc. Android beam won't pick up until more phones have nfc. Any word on if Google wallet is coming to the nexus?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I am sure it will come to the Galaxy Nexus. It was on the Nexus S so I just don't see why they would bring it to this phone.

Everything I have read points to "ISIS" which is att, tmo and vzw version of wallet. I really would like to see an official release, but at least there is a hack. NFC is promising, but is more of a gimmick if all it will be used for is beaming contacts and the like...just like IR beaming with palm pilots, neat, but not a game changing function.

I suspect VZW setup a deal for blocking Google from putting Google Wallet on this so they can push their own proprietary inter-carrier wallet system (ISIS, as referenced above). I don't see Google Wallet coming to the US Galaxy Nexus, sadly. I believe it'll be compatible with the international version at some point, however. Just a hunch, and I'm probably totally wrong. #notintendedtobeafactualstatement

Everything I have read points to "ISIS" which is att, tmo and vzw version of wallet. I really would like to see an official release, but at least there is a hack. NFC is promising, but is more of a gimmick if all it will be used for is beaming contacts and the like...just like IR beaming with palm pilots, neat, but not a game changing function.
It's very much game-changing. Being able to pay with your cellphone is awesome. I can't count the times I've left my wallet by mistake and really needed a way to purchase something.

That being said, I thought Google Wallet was one of the main features toted on this phone. This troubles me.

It's very much game-changing. Being able to pay with your cellphone is awesome. I can't count the times I've left my wallet by mistake and really needed a way to purchase something.

That being said, I thought Google Wallet was one of the main features toted on this phone. This troubles me.

Exactly my point, Google Wallet would be a game changing NFC function and I was excited to try it, I even got a Citi-MC because Chase (my bank) does not support it. If all the G-Nex NFC function is for is "fist bumping" info, then it's just a toy.

I hope the G-Wallet catches on...even if I have to hack it to use it, that brings more functionality to the phone and becomes a stand-alone every day carry (edc) piece in the pocket. :biggrin:

Hard to believe Google left out their own future payment method on their own device. I wouldn't worry.

Back