Verizon reportedly blocking access to Google Wallet on its Galaxy Nexus

ribbz22

Reaction score
um who really cares about this and thinks that we are not going to be able to install the app ourselves? let them keep it off the phone to begin with there is no way they can block the app from the phone after the customer has it and knows what to do...

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
So you don't like it because it's not fair? That's life bro. You just gotta deal with some things.

I can only get Brighthouse for TV service, Comcast, Uverse, FIOS, etc are not options. It's anti-competitive, and bad for consumers, but that's just the way it is...

"That's life, bro" was Standard Oil's business slogan, I believe.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
"That's life, bro" was Standard Oil's business slogan, I believe.

Very good!

The only requirement for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing! If you've only got one cable provider, you can often thank your local politicians... you town likely has an "exclusive" contract with the cable company. One could go to the town meeting and try to change that. Our town now has THREE cable providers because people went to the meetings and did something about it. Isn't it amazing that if you don't do such things, our politicians (in the name of competition, safety, whatever) always manage to do things that benefit our corporate overlords? And the providers always say things like "... well if you DON'T give US exclusive rights, then it just isn't worth it for us to come into your town..."

Big Ry

Reaction score
I don't understand your anger here... Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have a contract with ISIS. Sprint has a contract with Google Wallet. So, just like Sprint users won't be able to use the ISIS software, Verizon, AT&T, ant T-Mobile users won't be able to use Google Wallet. This is not a Nexus issue, it's just the way it is.

I never said I was mad at google or samsung. I'm mad at verizon and other corporations like them that try to infringe on our rights. its not "just the way it is". its attitudes like that that are the reason we have these problems in the first place.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Very good!

The only requirement for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing! If you've only got one cable provider, you can often thank your local politicians... you town likely has an "exclusive" contract with the cable company. One could go to the town meeting and try to change that. Our town now has THREE cable providers because people went to the meetings and did something about it. Isn't it amazing that if you don't do such things, our politicians (in the name of competition, safety, whatever) always manage to do things that benefit our corporate overlords? And the providers always say things like "... well if you DON'T give US exclusive rights, then it just isn't worth it for us to come into your town..."

Case in point

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ModestMuse

Reaction score
One could go to the town meeting and try to change that. Our town now has THREE cable providers because people went to the meetings and did something about it.

I don't know man, I live in a city. Some places around town, people have Comcast, other places, we are only offered Brighthouse. A guy just down the street from me has Uverse, but it's not offered at my residence. It sucks, Brighthouse is much more expensive than Uverse, but there's nothing I can do about it. I guess complaining to a politician might help...

In any case, maybe we can rise up, and fight Verizon to drop their exclusivity agreement with ISIS, and change their contract to allow us to use Google Wallet.

Good luck

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
This is exactly why we have the modding community. I'm going to hack and run the Google wallet app just out of principal. Screw you Verizon.

+1

Same here, the community should all do this. Stick it to the man! Boycott ISIS.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1

Same here, the community should all do this. Stick it to the man! Boycott ISIS.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Besides, there's not tentative date for when we'd even get ISIS. So effectively, we'd have nfc on our phone and no way to use it...B.S.