Google Wallet

cracker11

Reaction score
Has anyone got Google Wallet to work after rooting and wipe? And does it work on 4.0.3?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Yes, I've used it 3 times now and thats with me rooting it, "bricking" it restoring it twice using the stock rom and rooting it again. Fun Times :icon_ devil:

Last edited:

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
my wallet looks like it's setup fine, i'm rooted and never installed wallet except for the xda gift. have the gift card $10, etc. when i tried to use it at cvs today it just did a fast vibrate like 4 times. screen was on and RFC was enabled (i tested by logging into wallet before i went inside). wondering if it was just a bad terminal.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Have used mine successfully 4 times. Twice it has vibrated and told me sent, but the register never got anything so I had to use my card. (Nothing was withdrawn from my GW account those 2 times, so maybe a problem on the vendor's end?)

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

ænyoc

Reaction score
I should point out that I never installed GW until I was unlocked and rooted. Can't remember if I had rommed before first install, but I was on Axi0m 2.1 for first use.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Sorry, keep thinking of things to add ^_^
Rather flood everyone with what has worked for me than have someone brick their secure element because they didn't have enough info.

I installed with the APK (1.1-R41v8) not the zip. After flashing a new ROM, I uninstall GW if it came with the ROM and install the one I have. Then restore GW app data from TiB.

Each first use after I flash, it acts like its setting up my account for first use and asks me to setup my pin. I use the same pin as I don't want to risk using a different in case it could cause problems. Then I get a welcome to GW email... unfortunately, it hasn't given me $10 each time =P

DHO

Reaction score
Works fine with Zygote, not tried with Axiom. Also works fine with Pete's pre-bugless beast based on 4.0.2 (old ROM)

dagdoot

Reaction score
has always worked fine on my gummy nex 0.3.0 rom, never used before rooting. use it often.