Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Where can you purchase this kit?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
If and when they are available, they are sold on the Motorola website. If you search for Shatter shield replacement kit you will see the page for the Turbo 2. If and when they are available, there should be a page for the Moto Z also. In the meantime I can't stress enough how soft the outer layer is on any shatter shield screen. Definitely get a tempered glass screen protector. If you have the regular Z then it's Gorilla glass and will not scratch easily...but is not shatter proof.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They aren't available for the Z right now. I dropped mine on asphalt & gouged the outer layer. My only option right now is to send it in.

Sorry to hear that. I have a small tear in my T2 outer lens from dropping it. I put a tempered glass screen protector over it and now can hardly see the tiny mark.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sorry to hear that. I have a small tear in my T2 outer lens from dropping it. I put a tempered glass screen protector over it and now can hardly see the tiny mark.

I think I'll get a protector now to prevent further damage. I was going to wait until I replaced this one, but not sure how long it'll be.... Makes me sick to my stomach. Thank goodness for shatterproof screens!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think I'll get a protector now to prevent further damage. I was going to wait until I replaced this one, but not sure how long it'll be.... Makes me sick to my stomach. Thank goodness for shatterproof screens!

I know exactly how you feel. At least my blemish was very small.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I seem to have screen accuracy issues....or its my hand probably hitting the screen..I'm used to having a case to hold on to

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I seem to have screen accuracy issues....or its my hand probably hitting the screen..I'm used to having a case to hold on to

I *think* I know what you're talking about. Mine's most accurate if I set it down on a firm surface. It's a large and very slippery phone.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think what's happening is my big ole claw is touching the screen when I have to hold on to it ..like the fat pads of my hands?? I have tons of callus on my hands from lifting so my hands are really slippery with this metal back...I'm gonna go see if it will fit in a case with the battery mod on it ...or I'll figure something out. Cause if not I'm gonna kill someone with this thing.. by accident of course .lol

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Got the battery mod and a glass screen protector..I wish a case would fit on this thing with the mods...I feel like I'm gonna drop it..lol..it's so slippery..

I did drop mine a bunch of times in the first week I had it.. The glass is unbreakable, but not unscratchable. I didn't do too much damage but I got the glass protector and my Incipio case very soon after that because I damaged the corners of the phone a bit when I dropped it on my tile floor

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What screen protector did you go with?

I got the zagg screen protector.. It's actually a thin layer of glass too. I had the Verizon tech install it for me.. I'm not too good at putting them on... It's guaranteed lifetime as long as you register it with zagg and return any pieces that break when you report the breakage of the screen protector. It was about$30 from Verizon but I got 25% off because I got my phone from Verizon too.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Um..the one vzw sells for 35$ which ever that is .I like it so far. I'm just so afraid I'll drop the dang thing. I might out some athletes tape on it just to sticky up the back a tad.. sure takes a while to get the battery pack to charge to 100%

That might be the zagg product that you have too 94lt1...I got mine at big V also...

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating on getting a case and a protector. I have already dropped my phone face flat on concrete and porcelain tile here at my house and no damage.

Keep in mind that the glass on the z force is unbreakable but it does scratch very easily...I put it in my purse with not to much else in there and it got scratched a bit after about an hour.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Here is why I would recommend a good screen protector, like tempered glass. The outer layer of the Shatter shield screen is very soft and will scratch and tear easily. And yes it is user replaceable, for around $35. But eventually Moto will stop selling the replacement kits, like they have already stopped selling them for the Turbo 2. Now we have to send our phones to them since they stopped selling the kit. So I would recommend a good quality screen protector to keep the outer layer scratch free since you can't guarantee how long the outer layer replacement kit will be available.

True!