Moto Voice Screen

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone else noticed that when you say your launch phrase the Moto Voice screen no longer opens, it just opens the OK Google screen? Maybe I'm confusing my Z Force & Turbo 2 but I swear when I first setup my Z Force and would say my launch phrase the blue Moto Voice "I'm Listening" screen would open. Now the OK Google screen opens instantly. I can still use it hands free, just not sure if this is a change in the Z Series, a change in the Moto App, or an issue with my phone. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
It does that with my Z Force as well. Not totally certain, but I believe that this might have changed with Nougat.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the reply. I just had a chance to check my wife's Moto Z Play Droid, still on Marshmallow, and it's the same way. It's either always been this way on the Z Series or it was the recent updates to the Moto / Moto Display / Moto Voice apps. I'm happy that handsfree Moto Voice still works, just kind of miss the blue I'm Listening screen.

JDH

Reaction score
I'm Turbo 1 marshmallow and my keeps launching on it;s own and asking me to repeat my request. have different launch phrases for Moto voice and google now but I think it is getting confused.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm Turbo 1 marshmallow and my keeps launching on it;s own and asking me to repeat my request. have different launch phrases for Moto voice and google now but I think it is getting confused.
I'm sure having a different launch h phrase for both will cause issues. I would suggest only a Moto Voice launch phrase since most of what it does is a hand off to the Google app anyhow.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel like, when I had the Z Droid, it launched Google with my phrase. I'm sure I would remember, because on my previous Samsung phones, I had to disable S Voice to get Google. It prefer all of my data to be in one place. Will help our robot overlords better know me when the time comes. ;)