How does the new Moto Z4 compare?

tomthbomb

Reaction score
How does the new Moto Z4 compare to my three-year-old Moto Z Force?
I am starting to have some issues with the MZF. Mainly after talking on it for several hours in my job, everyone says "you're breaking up" when I have 5 bars of 4G.
Should I jump to the Moto Z4 and if I do what will I gain?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Here's a link to the Z4 full specs. There won't be a "Force" edition, but I'd have to say that there's a huge improvement since the original Z Force.

Motorola Moto Z4 specs

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The main difference will be the larger battery, newer processor inside, and much larger screen size. They are the same physical size but you will gain almost an inch in screen viewing area. The processor may have a smaller number than the original Z Force but it's still three years newer with much newer technology inside.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you both. I'm going for it!
Good deal. I was at going to buy....now at 90 / 10. Rumor has it that they removed Talk To Me - Driving Mode, which I use every day. But I can probably live without it. It's just a shame to remove such a nice feature that has been around for many years. The Unlocked version is available now and the Verizon specific version is supposed to be available on Thursday, the 13th.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Other than not being able to use my mods, the driving mode was definitely missed. A great feature, for sure. But, I'm getting along with my Pixel 2XL very nicely. Good luck with the new Z4.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Enjoy your new Z4!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Enjoy your new phone!

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
The contract on my Moto Z Force is up on the 12th of June (how convenient). As in my original post, it is not standing up to my one-week a month phone marketing efforts. I will see what Verizon offers and go for it.
I have been lurking on another forum and see the Motorola direct unlocked Z4 offer is having delivery issues.
Come on Verizon!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm back to 99% getting it / 1% not....on Thursday when Verizon is supposed to have them in stock.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The contract on my Moto Z Force is up on the 12th of June (how convenient). As in my original post, it is not standing up to my one-week a month phone marketing efforts. I will see what Verizon offers and go for it.
I have been lurking on another forum and see the Motorola direct unlocked Z4 offer is having delivery issues.
Come on Verizon!
What kind of delivery issues? Because I ordered my z4 direct from Motorola website on 3rd and it was delivered on 8th.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Lots of folks that pre-ordered are having issues getting their phones. Lots of chatter about it on the Moto Forum. Seems like the pre-orders have issues but orders since then are OK.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So …… How do you guys like your new Z4 I'm getting ready to upgrade and want to get the best I can. Is it 5G?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So …… How do you guys like your new Z4 I'm getting ready to upgrade and want to get the best I can. Is it 5G?
It's not 5G natively. But the Verizon version is compatible with the 5G Moto Mod....if you live in a city with 5G. The Unlocked version is not compatible with the 5G Moto Mod.

I love mine. All the negative hype about the SOC was overrated and undeserved in my opinion. I like the in screen FPS and the large screen area. I have had no issues whatsoever so far as far as software and performance. I'm not happy about the Moto Mod fit, but can live with that. Overall, for the price I think it's a really nice phone.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk