New droid z force

rew88

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to forums. Got a new phone last Friday and I'm loving it. Got the update N Saturday but haven't installed it yet. I have been reading on this and other forums that some people are having issue with battery drain faster and phone freezing up. Don't want to install and start having problem with it. And I'm having a hard time to hear notification. It's so low I can barely hear it. I got the volume turn all the way up Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new phone!

For the low notifications, that is a known issue with the Z series and a lot of folks are unhappy. We have a 7 page thread here with a lot of comments and some tips that might help make it more usable until a fix is released. There is a long thread about this issue on the Moto forum with a lot of heated posts. The Moto forum manager has already posted that they are working on a software fix. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later. Here is the DF thread about notifications.

Notifications are not loud enough..

For the battery issues on Nougat, we also have a thread with info that might be helpful. I had some battery issues initially but think I know what caused mine now. For the past week (or two) my battery life has been really good again and it suits my needs & my usage style. Here is the thread about battery life.

Post 7.0 Battery Life

Ask questions & join the discussions if you want, there are quite a few other Z series owners here that usually offer advice. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
rew88

rew88

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I'm still not sure if I want to install N yet but I'm considering going to install it anyway

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you for the info. I'm still not sure if I want to install N yet but I'm considering going to install it anyway

I'm not knocking Nougat but it also doesn't really bring any new earth shattering functionality. It's OK but not much of an upgrade from Marshmallow in my opinion.

thebat1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new phone!

For the low notifications, that is a known issue with the Z series and a lot of folks are unhappy. We have a 7 page thread here with a lot of comments and some tips that might help make it more usable until a fix is released. There is a long thread about this issue on the Moto forum with a lot of heated posts. The Moto forum manager has already posted that they are working on a software fix. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later. Here is the DF thread about notifications.

Notifications are not loud enough..

For the battery issues on Nougat, we also have a thread with info that might be helpful. I had some battery issues initially but think I know what caused mine now. For the past week (or two) my battery life has been really good again and it suits my needs & my usage style. Here is the thread about battery life.

Post 7.0 Battery Life

Ask questions & join the discussions if you want, there are quite a few other Z series owners here that usually offer advice. :cool:
The link to battery thread didnt work for me?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

thebat1

Reaction score

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6

The update that you need, to fix the low sound issue, is...NCL25.86-11-4-6. If you don't see those numbers, don't install.:p