The Nougat Update Is Apparently Rolling Out To The Verizon Moto Z and Z Force

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
9U8ktwiwrDWXmOD2Sm2XHG8eVCXi4Khe_ExWgK4WaaU.jpg

There are currently only a handful of devices out there with official Nougat builds. The Pixel, Pixel XL and LG V20 are among those, but it looks like a few other devices are beginning to receive the update right now. According to some reddit users Verizon is already starting to force push the Nougat update to the Moto Z and Z Force. The update will bring your device up to build NCL26.86-11. The update comes with DayDream VR support built in which is a nice addition. Other features include split screen mode, and app quick switching. Have any of you seen this update come through to your device yet?

via Reddit

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Don't forget about the Moto G4 also, I beleive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Nothing for me yet. Checked this morning!

Wadman

Reaction score
Come on droid turbo 2!!! I know that's a long shot but would be nice. I have a few friends with the z line and no nougat for them yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nougat loading in my Z-Force as I type. Do we know if the Turbo 2 will be getting it? The oldest spawn is curious.

Yes, according to Moto's website. The Turbo 2 is listed as one of the phones that will receive Nougat. The big question is...when? It will probably be a while, the Z series has to get it first, then the Moto G4, then...? As long as Verizon is still selling the Turbo 2 I believe it will see the update. Once Verizon stops selling them, I believe that's when they tell Moto to scrap the update. Just my opinion.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Yes, according to Moto's website. The Turbo 2 is listed as one of the phones that will receive Nougat. The big question is...when? It will probably be a while, the Z series has to get it first, then the Moto G4, then...? As long as Verizon is still selling the Turbo 2 I believe it will see the update. Once Verizon stops selling them, I believe that's when they tell Moto to scrap the update. Just my opinion.

According to Moto's Site the Droid Turbo was supposed to get Marshmallow. I'm glad i did hold my Breath. I bet the Turbo 2 may not see N but hey Stranger things have happened. Just wish I had M on my Turbo.

Just finished install N
Screenshot_20161122-134637_zpskss4ocwv.png