Changelog For The Moto Z and Z Force Update

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Motorola has started sending out the official over the air updates to Android 7.0 Nougat for the Moto Z and Moto Z Force. We know exactly what all has changed in the update thanks to the official changelog that Verizon has posted. The new build is labeled NCL25.86-11. Some new features included are multi window, app quick switching, bundled notifications, new notifications settings, new quick settings toggles, new emojis, and slideout menu in settings. The full changelog can be found at the link below.

via Verizon

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Sorry to hear. Nougat is not the OS we are looking for. Marshmallow had awesome battery, nougat is still trying to find it.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I have just enough "control freak" in me to be a little annoyed. Don't they usually give you the option so you can make sure nothing is going on and the battery is fully charged? I'm a bit nervous doing this while at work. Hoping it's a smooth transition.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Installed and ready to start figuring out what all has changed. The pull down notification screen sure did change...
Glad it's a slow day at work ;)

Ophus

Reaction score
Thought I would come back to this to say, Moto must have tweaked something, because my battery life has improved on Nougat and it was very good before.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thought I would come back to this to say, Moto must have tweaked something, because my battery life has improved on Nougat and it was very good before.
That would be Google not moto. Nougat improves doze.

Ophus

Reaction score
That would be Google not moto. Nougat improves doze.
You stated that Nougat didn't have good battery life in your experience, so I thought maybe Moto had thrown some magic in there. lol