Android Nougat 7.1.1 Rolling Out To The Unlocked Moto Z

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto-Z-Moto-G4-Android-7.0-Nougat-Update.jpg

There was once a time when Motorola was one of the quickest OEMs to release updates. This was during the time they were controlled by Google which could explain the speedy releases. Now they are owned by Lenovo and updates are much slower. The Verizon exclusive Moto Z Droid and Z Droid Force had received the update to Nougat way back in November. For whatever reason Motorola just skipped the update on the unlocked variants of the device. Motorola did promise to get the update to the Moto Z in February. They have made good on that promise as the update is now beginning to roll out. You can check for the update by heading to settings and system updates. The update will be rolling out slowly so you should see it arrive in the coming days.

via Android Police

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This is surprising especially anything to Verizon would take forever and usually is last. I was surprised when i got it in Nov on my Z Force. My buddy was saying how his G4 Plus would get it before me and Id get it around now. Well G4 Plus still on M. lol