Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
42a8f765-e78c-e27b.jpg

sent from my HTC Rezound
Nice one BAMA, where did you find this one, by the way was my ICS Instructions helpful to you, and how difficult was it for you to install, looks like Schimm is having a hard time.

BAMA74

Reaction score
Nice one BAMA, where did you find this one, by the way was my ICS Instructions helpful to you, and how difficult was it for you to install, looks like Schimm is having a hard time.

From the app called zedge try it out its more than just wallpapers and BTW your ics instructions was very painless simple as 123:thumbup: and thnx again cyber!!

sent from my HTC Rezound

Schimm

Reaction score
You will have two additional drives when you connect your phone, one will be your SD card and the other the phone storage internal card, ans use the file utility I mentioned, it is easier to understand what file is where. Plus you can just right click on each of the additional drives that show up on your pc screen and go down to Explore, it will show you the size of the drive and how much is free and how much is occupied, or you can just click on Open and see the actual files on the storage device, so if you have pictures on your phone I am sure they are on your external SD card, that will give it away and now you will know which drive is your external SD card.

I have a folder called 'pictures'. Its not located on my external card. It is on the internal drive.

I think the confusion is that many of us have owned Moto phones and you place the zip in a different place...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...sions/196778-external-storage-vs-sd-card.html

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.

cdm369

Reaction score
This is why I download the file on my phone. It took a little while but it was much less hassle.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a folder called 'pictures'. Its not located on my external card. It is on the internal drive.

I think the confusion is that many of us have owned Moto phones and you place the zip in a different place...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...sions/196778-external-storage-vs-sd-card.html

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.
I never load my pictures to the phone storage, if it crashes all my pics and music are gone, always download to the external sd card, there is an option in your camera setting for where you want to load your photos.

kkesterson

Reaction score
after reading this thread multiple times I am going to make the switch to ICS .. not looking forward to setting up my Go Launcher set ups all over again, but it's always fun to do.

night_train44

Reaction score
a HUGE THANK YOU to cybertec69 who helped me get ICS. A few things I noticed... the file has to be a .zip for the boot loader to recognize it. also, you will lose all your texts, call history, and apps, so back those up if they're important to you (oops). THANKS A MILLION TO cybertec69, this is waayyyy better than waiting for the OTA and it was really easy.

one more question: anybody have the same issue as me: when i touch the address bar on the internet browser, it places a cursor intead of automatically highlighting the entire address (which is then replaced by whatever i type). this is annoying because i used to be able to just touch the address bar once, then the keyboard would pop up and whatever i typed would automatically replace the current address. now i have to actually manually highlight the whole thing, then type it. seems kind of dumb... any fixes??

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]yes, leave it alone until it promts you to continue, all it is doing now is loading the files to your system, after the phone reboots it will tell you if you want to continue, OF COURSE YOU DO, just press the power button to do so and now it will download the files to your device, after it reboots again, it will go to your lock screen, phone will be infused with ICS, now set it up like you would a new phone, Gmail contacts and the sort, enjoy. By the way it takes a bit, so be patient, let it do what it has to do.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Ok, so after I do Volume Down and Power the instructions say to do nothing and wait but it appears as though it wants me to select something from the menu. my 6 options are: fastBoot Recovery, Factory Reset, Clear Storage, Simlock, ImageCRC.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Ok, so I think I need to put the zip on the root of my ext_sd, not the root of the sdcard, correct?