Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS?

marioval

Reaction score
I am bone stock, no root, no unlock....

Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS? Is it really as simple as disabling fastboot and following this:

•After downloading the file, rename it to "PH98IMG.zip" (no quotes)
•Place the renamed file onto the root of the SD Card
•Power down your device
•Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + Power
•The flashing process should begin automatically
Let the device reboot, and you're done. Enjoy!

[Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Build 3.14.605.5, Brings A Handful Of Fixes And New(er) Radios

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one you have is a bit older, here is the last leak, and it works like a charm,, after powering down the device, make sure you disable fast boot before powering down, if not it will screw it all up "remove the battery for one minute, reinstall, then VOL Down + Power, let the Flashing process finnish, it will take quite a bit of time, DO NOTHING, once it does the update at process number 3 it will take the longest, phone will reboot twice while updating http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/ , click on the download link, once file is loaded, go to where the file is, right click on it and remove all the numbers from the front, once you do that right click on it again and send it to the SD card directory on your PC, once you connect your Rezound the PC should show two extra hard drives, one is your internal Rezound Hard drive directory and the other is your SD card directory, once yo send it there, disconnect the phone from PC, now use a file utility like Solid Explorer to check for the Zip.

If you have any questions, just PM me I will run you through it, it is very easy and painless.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
One more quick question. Am I putting my downloaded file on the internal sd or the external sd?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will install the file on your external SD, once downloaded the file should look like this RUU_Vigor_3.14.605.10_PH98IMG , go to where you downloaded it, right click on it and scroll down to Rename, once you choose rename it will turn blue "highlighted", now scroll back up to the file and click infront of the PH and erase all the numbers, also erase anything after the MG, the file should look like this PH98IMG, now right lick on it again and go to send file to "make sure your phone is connected as hard drive", another box will open with different directories "choose the EXTERNAL SD card directory. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer. once installed, open it up and go to your external SD card directory "it will show a picture of a black micro SD card so as to make it easy for you to know that it is your external SD card" , the file should be the last one all the way at the bottom of your external SD card directory, it will show up as PH98IMG.zip at 603 MB's

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Ok. I will be trying this in the next few days. I'm tired of waiting for verizon/HTC/Google or whatever other magic phone goblin needs to get involved.... One more question. Will I be rooted after i do this or will I be on an unrooted ICS?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
marioval said:
Ok. I will be trying this in the next few days. I'm tired of waiting for verizon/HTC/Google or whatever other magic phone goblin needs to get involved.... One more question. Will I be rooted after i do this or will I be on an unrooted ICS?

This is not a Root, its pretty much the official ICS for your Rezound, why wait a few days, you think that they will release the OTA by then, a bit nervous I see about loading the ICS mentioned above, this is an easy install.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
No, i'm doing it in the next few days because I don't really have time until the weekend. Thanks for the assistance.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope you all already got to this but based on the topic, 3.14.605.10 is the latest RUU and supposedly the OTA candidate.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
marioval said:
This is not a custom ROM, it's the actual official release version (or was until they decided to test or tweak it more). It will install just like an official release.

You won't be rooted or unlocked and you will have all the normal bloat. The update will not even install if you are rooted or unlocked... I had to re-lock my phone to install it.

As for versions, the one ending in .10 is the most recent and likely the one going OTA. The one I installed is the one ending in 5, and almost the same. If you are going to install a leak I'd recommend that one since it has been out a lot longer and we know for sure it is safe and stable.

Schimm

Reaction score
Here it is, after powering down the device, make sure you disable fast boot before powering down, if not it will screw it all up "remove the battery for one minute, reinstall, then VOL Down + Power, let the Flashing process finnish, it will take quite a bit of time, DO NOTHING, once it does the update at process number 3 it will take the longest, phone will reboot twice while updating Latest ICS leak for the HTC Rezound looks to be near official | TalkAndroid.com , click on the download link, once file is loaded, go to where the file is, right click on it and remove all the numbers from the front, once you do that right click on it again and send it to the SD card directory on your PC, once you connect your Rezound the PC should show two extra hard drives, one is your internal Rezound Hard drive directory and the other is your SD card directory, once yo send it there, disconnect the phone from PC, now use a file utility like Solid Explorer to check for the Zip.

If you have any questions, just PM me I will run you through it, it is very easy and painless.

I'm not understanding this. Do you not have to DL this file first and then flash it? I'm reading this as if you have transposed sentences....or maybe it's just not my day today. :blink:

Next question....when the OTA does happen what happens to your flashed phone? Does it try to install the update?

Snoking

Reaction score
If you have a working phone why take a chance if we are a week or three from official OTA update?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Because a lot of people do not trust that we are really a week or three away, and we have already been waiting for months.

I am really glad I installed the OTA. I have used the crap out of my phone for months now on ICS and loved every minute of it. If I never get the OTA at all, I will be ok with it.

Schimm

Reaction score
If you have a working phone why take a chance if we are a week or three from official OTA update?

Given how I can't get a definitive and clearly stated step by step on how to install this 'unrooted' ROM I won't be installing it. This thread only adds to the confusion.