New Rezound ICS Build Leaked With Updated Radio

samiusmc

Reaction score
As owners of the HTC Rezound await an update to Ice Cream Sandwich, some sneaky person has leaked the official update build onto the web for everyone’s pleasure. The operation to update your device is extremely simple, but may take some time depending on your Internet connection due to the fact that the file is a humongous 640MB. If you feel like tasting some sweet ICS on your Rezound before it is released to the masses, then follow the instructions down below to ensure a proper installation.
Instructions for installation:
  1. After downloading the file, rename it to PH98IMG.zip.
  2. Place the renamed file onto the root of the SD Card.
  3. Power down your device.
  4. Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + Power.
  5. The flashing process should begin automatically.
Give the device some time to reboot and once it does, you will be off to enjoy your weekend with ICS. If you have any questions, shoot them down below and we will do our best to tackle them.
Via: Android Police

[URL]http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/16/htc-rezound-ice-cream-sandwich-build-leaked-now-available-for-download/
[/URL]

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I thought I would be the only one up to see/post this! ;)

Looks like this is a release candidate, which means it should be pretty darn stable... Go HTC.

And it also looks like if you're unlocked, you have to use the pre-rooted .zip.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
so what's the procedure for flashing with an unlocked bootloader? wake up mr smith, I need answers. lol

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Kenyon1

Reaction score
So if you were to update it this way could you go back to android 2.3 if you had to send the rezound back to verizon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can this be used on a stock Rezound ?

It appears so, yes.

so what's the procedure for flashing with an unlocked bootloader? wake up mr smith, I need answers. lol

Sent from my HTC Rezound

It looks like you have to flash the pre-rooted .zip like a ROM. And yes... *looks for Smith* :biggrin:

So if you were to update it this way could you go back to android 2.3 if you had to send the rezound back to verizon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

If you're unlocked, you should be able to revert easily with an RUU as long as your mainver is correct. If you're 100% stock, I'm not sure...

But Smith needs to correct or affirm this info... for me as well... lol :)

graywolf

Reaction score
I don't get what the new radios are.
I am thinking of installing this instead of Clean Rom

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, does this come with bloatware?

I think the rooted .zip was debloated, but the leaked stock build probably has bloat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
640mb? I knew the sense overlay was rather dominant, but jeese. Clean AOSP builds aren't, if any, larger than 200mb. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

RezoundHound

Reaction score
I read on another site that installing this wipes the phone clean of all apps and storage. Can someone who has actually installed it confirm or deny this?

RH

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the debloated .zip, but the full leaked RUU will most likely do that as that's what they normally do.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
I read on another site that installing this wipes the phone clean of all apps and storage. Can someone who has actually installed it confirm or deny this?

RH

I think the same will happen when the OTA upgrade is released.