How to root Droid 2

Reaction score
Wow i need a better app for screen shots, the color is all weird. Oh well still shows it all:

screenshot_4.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_1.png

screenshot.png

Reaction score
Just make sure you copy and paste the code lines instead of typing them in, leaving out a space i didnt see left me stuck for like 10 min lol

Any questions just ask

Cloppy

Reaction score
this is awsome my droid 2 is comming tomorrow.. my original droid screen died at the beginning of this week :(

Cloppy

Reaction score
its coming tomorrow, i might hold off until theres a SBF file... but it looks soooo tempting. I need wifi tethering so i might cave in

Micrane

Reaction score
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
permission denied? anyone else? after adb shell i get a $

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
I'm must be losing my computer touch, but I tried and I'm really lost. I can't get past this step:

rocess:
- Open command prompt
- cd c:/wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is
- adb devices (to verify the connection)
- cd c:/Droid2Root

When I type adb my cmd prompt says the command is not recognized. I must doing something wrong. I have downloaded the sdk tool and extracted, I already have the motorola drives and I got the droid2root extracted. I really need a simpler step by step walkthrough.

Reaction score
@Jedidroid - I think you are having the same problem I did following the instructions. I stayed in the folder of my adb and added to the push. Example - When you followed cd c:/Droid2Root I skipped that step and then changed the next line to adb push c:/Droid2Root/Superuser.apk and so on for the pushes.

imtheconvict

Reaction score
So i just did this if i pick the app it doesnt open up asking your superuser requests and i cannot choose uninstall on the bloatware apps however i downloaded a file manger and i can edit root files any one have any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm must be losing my computer touch, but I tried and I'm really lost. I can't get past this step:

rocess:
- Open command prompt
- cd c:/wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is
- adb devices (to verify the connection)
- cd c:/Droid2Root

When I type adb my cmd prompt says the command is not recognized. I must doing something wrong. I have downloaded the sdk tool and extracted, I already have the motorola drives and I got the droid2root extracted. I really need a simpler step by step walkthrough.

sounds like the problem i had

What Is ADB And How To Install It? [Android]

go there and follow the steps to install adb into the path in the enironment variables

So i just did this if i pick the app it doesnt open up asking your superuser requests and i cannot choose uninstall on the bloatware apps however i downloaded a file manger and i can edit root files any one have any ideas?

root only allows your to delete the bloatware if you go into the system files and delete or rename the apk files.

and only apps that require root will ask for superuser requests, not all apps.

marsha12151

Reaction score
When I do the 'adb devices' step, it returns "list of devices attached" and shows nothing connected. Seems I am missing something.

Help?

EDIT: SB Debugging enabled and PC Mode selected on connection