Droid 2 Root for DX OTA 2.2...

System13

Reaction score
Well I'm still having problems! I did everything posted to get ADB set up I've done everything including putting the .dll file in my Win64 folder and when I do a search for adb devices it's still giving me an error saying they don't exist. Apparently I'm not cut out for this stuff. Help again?

EDIT: Command prompt is saying adb is not recognized as in internal or external command.

are you running windows 7 or vista? on win7 you have to put the Adbwinapi.dll in the sysWOW64 folder right under the system32 folder.

jen7724

Reaction score
I'm running windows 7. I put the adb file and the adbwinapi.dll both in my syswow64 folder and still get the same error message. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. There's another file called AdbWinUsbApi.dll that isn't mentioned on the list to add to that folder, do we add that one as well? I've tried including it with the other two as well as only using the two listed and neither method works.

System13

Reaction score
I'm running windows 7. I put the adb file and the adbwinapi.dll both in my syswow64 folder and still get the same error message. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. There's another file called AdbWinUsbApi.dll that isn't mentioned on the list to add to that folder, do we add that one as well? I've tried including it with the other two as well as only using the two listed and neither method works.

keep the adb.exe in the system32 folder and put the adbwinapi.dll in the syswow64 folder keep the usb where it was

jen7724

Reaction score
Wow! System13, you're a genius! I honestly didn't see that listed anywhere on this thread, I never would have tried that. Thank you so much! It worked! No on to step 4, lol.

jen7724

Reaction score
OMG! Spoke too soon! I think I downloaded a file wrong or something somewhere. I finally got the adb devices command to work but now cd c:\Droid2Root doesn't do anything again!

System13

Reaction score
OMG! Spoke too soon! I think I downloaded a file wrong or something somewhere. I finally got the adb devices command to work but now cd c:\Droid2Root doesn't do anything again!

did you take the files in the Droid2Root folder out and place them in the tools folder?

jen7724

Reaction score
In the SDK tools folder? No, I don't recall seeing that as a step. I got it to work though through step 9. Now when I type in adb shell it tells me error: device not found. I'm trying charger mode since I've seen mention of that on here.

jen7724

Reaction score
Ugh! I'm going to dinner and trying again when I get back. Charger mode worked for typing in adb shell but then I get the "infamous" $ sign instead of #. Maybe I'll start over?

System13

Reaction score
In the SDK tools folder? No, I don't recall seeing that as a step. I got it to work though through step 9. Now when I type in adb shell it tells me error: device not found. I'm trying charger mode since I've seen mention of that on here.

are you running command prompt as administrator?

System13

Reaction score
ok well that was very fun. i got to step 12 into deodexing and my phone rebooted then got stuck on infinite boot loop. i ripped the battery out, rebooted in clockwork and wiped data/cache, rebooted with factory settings but still rooted :icon_ banana:

i dont think i will try to deodex again. i dont want this to be the second droid x i go through this month and if it ends up being i can always use my full proof excuse "it fell in the gulf"

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Um, the Droid 2 root works great for the DX OTA 2.2 release. I used it 30 mins after the update was released. Its called Do Root.

jen7724

Reaction score
I am the admin on my computer. I can get through to step 9 without a hitch and then I get that stupid $. I'm at a loss unless anyone has any suggestions. I've read back through this thread and know others have had the same problem but their fixes don't seem to work in my case.

jen7724

Reaction score
So I ended up using another method for rooting but I'm rooted now! So flipping happy! Now on to overclocking and deodexing!

System13

Reaction score
ok so i just ran the test using xUltimate_v2.2.2 and it says the follwing:

adb = pass!
odex = fail!
zip = pass!
busybox = pass!
java = pass!
temp = pass!
deodex = skip!
redex = skip!

does this mean im deodexed? im just wondering because i bricked a DX last month and i rather not try to install some roms and do it again. thx!

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
System,

When I run the test I get the same thing (I'm fully deodexed), which should mean that you are as well! I would recommend not installing roms over the OTA update, a lot of people have done it, but with my experience in the past of having to flash back after a ROM started glitching, I opted to just remove the bloat myself and install a theme.