DROID X Deodexing

DropC

Reaction score
I'm having issues with Deodexing my Droid X. I've tried the manual method multiple times, and each time it makes the phone get stuck on the M. I have to use a nandroid backup every time.
I think it has something to do with this:
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

When I type in the cp /sdcard/ parts, it says file directory not found. And when I type in the last mount -o command, it says resource busy. I'm 100% positive I'm following the instructions to a T, so what's up? I'm certain it's not the phone, because I flashed the stock 2.2 and it still does the same thing.

And, I've also tried the automatic deodexing via the 928 black glass theme, but it sets my facebook and twitter apps as system apps, and puts a skin over them that I'm not fond of. I've tried uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling, and root explorer-installing the regular versions, but nothing works.

If anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

bigd73

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Leave your phone in USB charge only mode with debugging enabled and try it again.

OP
DropC

DropC

Reaction score
Do I leave it in charge mode the entire time, or only when I'm performing the command prompt actions?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still not comfortable with adb myself. That's why I used 928Droid BGX DeOdexEERR Theme too get mine deodexed.

I know it doesn't help you its just how I got mine going.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
DropC

DropC

Reaction score
Alright, I just took a leap of faith with the charger, and put it in that mode right before I did the adb shell.

It worked! Thanks a TON for your suggestion! =)

And the 928 method is really convenient, if it didn't screw up my Facebook and Twitter... =(