Droid 2 Root for DX OTA 2.2...

jessikwa

Reaction score
I reinstalled java and changed the path, eventually got the deodex process working...

Ummm.. Durimg the command prompt I missed a period somewhere and everything got screwed up, deodex failed I think, but all the odex files are gone from my system/app folder, so im not sure.. My real problem is now my home and search hard keys arent working. Any reversal methods for deodexing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mud

Reaction score
My first post is a BIG THANK YOU to Soupy McD I had root quick and easy after reading his step by step post for adb setup and then following the root steps. Truly a how to make a peanut butter sandwich process. Thanks Again

jen7724

Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying to root my DX on 2.2 for the first time and downloaded the Droid2Root file from the first post on this thread. I'm trying step 2 of the list where I type in Droid2Root in the command prompt and it's not finding anything. I noticed that the droid2root file download is a .rar file. What am I doing wrong? When I downloaded that file there was an option for the regular one after you wait 45 seconds or you can pay for a premium download. Is there a difference?

Sorry in advance, I'm lost a step 2 (maybe I should just abort all together). Lol

Daali

Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying to root my DX on 2.2 for the first time and downloaded the Droid2Root file from the first post on this thread. I'm trying step 2 of the list where I type in Droid2Root in the command prompt and it's not finding anything. I noticed that the droid2root file download is a .rar file. What am I doing wrong? When I downloaded that file there was an option for the regular one after you wait 45 seconds or you can pay for a premium download. Is there a difference?

Sorry in advance, I'm lost a step 2 (maybe I should just abort all together). Lol

Have you un-rar'd the file?
.rar is nothing more than a compression container, much like .zip files. You can get 7-zip (freeware) that will un-rar the file.

jen7724

Reaction score
Ok, I'll try that. I googled .rar file and noticed it was a zip but it didn't download to my desktop as a zip file so there is no way to unzip it. Maybe I should try redownloading it?

System13

Reaction score

ok i got that part done thx. now im stuck at step 8.
gives me this error

"* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037*
CreateProcess failure, error 2
*failed to start daemon*
error: cannot connect to daemon"

i remember getting that error before from the root process, but im not sure from what. thx for helping

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok, I'll try that. I googled .rar file and noticed it was a zip but it didn't download to my desktop as a zip file so there is no way to unzip it. Maybe I should try redownloading it?

Download free version of winrar and extract the file.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I reinstalled java and changed the path, eventually got the deodex process working...

Ummm.. Durimg the command prompt I missed a period somewhere and everything got screwed up, deodex failed I think, but all the odex files are gone from my system/app folder, so im not sure.. My real problem is now my home and search hard keys arent working. Any reversal methods for deodexing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, go to my Black Glass X for the Droid X Thread (link in sig below) and get details on my OTA 2.3.15 Back to Stock Update Zips (Odexed and DeOdexed version). The Odexed version will install ALL of the original OTA files in system/app and system/framework..including the odex files.

Also for those having DeOdexing issues.. I released a Black Glass DeOdexEERR update.zip that will install ALL the DeOdexed files, and automatically delete all the odex files...doesn't effect Root, or any other files or anything else. It does install my BGX Theme, but if you don't want that, run the DeOdexed Back to Stock Zip and you are good to go, 100% Stock OTA DeOdexed and can start from there.

jen7724

Reaction score
I've extracted the file and now it lets me type in the Droid2Root command but is saying that adb is not recognized as an internal or external command when I type in Step 3.

Ugh!

I'm sorry, I'm probably totally missing something!

System13

Reaction score
I've extracted the file and now it lets me type in the Droid2Root command but is saying that adb is not recognized as an internal or external command when I type in Step 3.

Ugh!

I'm sorry, I'm probably totally missing something!

check out post #84 on page 9. i had the same problem

System13

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Trying that now!

it went smooth after i tried that until now im stuck at the deodexing step 10.

says "cp: /sdcard/done_app/*: no such file or directory"

anyone have any ideas? im running as admin and i did put the done_app and done_framework on my sdcard

jen7724

Reaction score
Well I'm still having problems! I did everything posted to get ADB set up I've done everything including putting the .dll file in my Win64 folder and when I do a search for adb devices it's still giving me an error saying they don't exist. Apparently I'm not cut out for this stuff. Help again?

EDIT: Command prompt is saying adb is not recognized as in internal or external command.