Much simpler guide for rooting (no pc required)

solar

Reaction score
Hmm, thats too bad. I'll have to look for another way to root my GF's Droid 1. This method worked well on my D2 though.

pylopor

Reaction score
?

So Z4root does this same thing? Because I had it but unrooted because this method seemed not easier but just better because with the one click app, I don't know exactly what it's doing.

solar

Reaction score
I believe they use the same exploit to aquire root, but i'm not 100% on that. You'll end up achieving the same end result either way. But I kind of like going though the steps myself, because, like you said, you can see what its actually doing this way as opposed to a one-click.

juniah1

Reaction score
Worked like a charm! Thanks to all who helped with this!

juniah1

Reaction score
Noob

Im really new to the site, so I apologize if im in the wrong spot. I've just rooted my phone sucessfully and it appears to be lagging much more than before. I was also wondering, will the phone being rooted prevent any updates? Thanks in advance for the help

pool_shark

Reaction score
Rooting alone does not cause any lag, there is no addition of any services, it just gives you root access. It's the equivalent of having admin rights on your PC.

It will prevent OS updates if you move, remove, or rename any of the preinstalled software without putting it back prior to doing the update.

It does not prevent the update of any apps.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pool shark....so are you saying that being rooted doesn't keep you from getting updates to your OS? For instance when GB is finally released...whenever that is....would I still get it if I were running the stock ROM?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pool shark....so are you saying that being rooted doesn't keep you from getting updates to your OS? For instance when GB is finally released...whenever that is....would I still get it if I were running the stock ROM?

Stock rom rooted with all bloatware present, yes you'll be able to receive the update. Rooted with a custom rom or bloatware removed, no dice. Either way though updates always unroot you.

tappin and a talkin

juniah1

Reaction score
All I've done since root, is to uninstall a few stock apps...kindle etcetc and download a few root apps. Will an OS update be prevented?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the stock apps aren't present then yes the update will fail. What method did you use to delete them? Do you have a backup?

tappin and a talkin

juniah1

Reaction score
City ID, i used Titanium backup, but its showing that there's no backup yet?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That sucks. If you didn't back it up then you'll have to find another way of restoring them later. But honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much now.

tappin and a talkin

sick08gxp

Reaction score
Something not right..its telling me cd/tmp not found. am I doing somthing wrong?

Snow02

Reaction score
You need a space after "cd" and before the backslash.

trade_expert.png