Much simpler guide for rooting (no pc required)

wooddale

Reaction score
Ive rooted 3 phones so far with Z4 droidx droid2 & droid incrediable it worked just like they said it would except for the incredible it nly gets temp root but I think if I manually do that unrevoked then do z4 it will be permanent a root is a root Ive also done some manual roots but dont think any of them work anymore Z4 is the best Thanks

scm68gt

Reaction score
Just upgraded to 2.3.340 and this doesn't work. After running rage*.bin, I am still at the $ prompt.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Just upgraded to 2.3.340 and this doesn't work. After running rage*.bin, I am still at the $ prompt.

I used it after the upgrade and it worked just fine. I'm going to assume you didn't wait for it to finish completely. I know the instructions say to force close the emulator when you see the $, but that's too soon. Wait until you see the message about forked processes.

scm68gt

Reaction score
ok. reran ./rage*.bin. The phone showed 3 messages:

8MW: permission denied
7XKH: permission denied
./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin 7: Syntax error: ")" unexpected.

Never got a message about forked processes.

Thanks ...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot and try again being sure to note spaces. If the previous su commands were entered incorrectly that would cause that step to fail and also leave you unrooted.

tappin and a talkin

MisterMartian

Reaction score

HavoC

Reaction score
I tried it last night and it didn't work, I'm assuming something in the latest OTA's blocks it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App