How to root Droid 2

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
damn verizon updated software now i cant get root access. i can re do all the steps but as soon as i cycle power on my phone i get the $ sign when i log into the shell. it seems i still have root access but the programs wont work correctly. any ideas on how to proceed

You mean the newest update is causing you to not have root?

Sent from Droid2

zanzeroth

Reaction score
Yeah when it updates it drops root no big deal I figured id go through the root process to fix it but it doesn't give compleate root only the apearance of root. I have barnacle installed and it will run but wont connect to the pc. That's when I tryed loging int the shell and noticed I nolonger have root.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

scottdavis71

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little dusty but... need help please!

I am an IT student studying Cisco CCNA (Routers and switches) and am grasping shell commands, linux... not so much.
But I do recognize the 2 different shells going on with this install process, the point where I am hung up is here...

- adh shell (you should now have a # prompt) BY THE WAY I recognize adh shell is a typo, i thought first of running through everything and using adh command but realize how close h and b are on the keyboard so am i correct about this?

I am not getting a #promt

I have usb debugging and unknown sources enabled, I have tried physically mounting and unmounting the sdcard, and cant get past this point.
also, does not the chmod commands warrant a 7777 entry allowing full permissions?

Please and thanks!

~Scott Davis

adb commands attached in .jpg