How many actually got the OTA?

rmcray08

Reaction score
You would think that Verizon, Motorola,...whoever would have the decency to push the update to DroidForums members first.

ralphtrent

Reaction score
I'm seeing on other threads now many others reporting getting it OTA. Looks like they've opened it up quite a bit now.

If i am not mistaken, 4/1/2010 11:59pm was the first 200,000 batch load, so by now, at least 210,000 droid owners should have the official 81 release.

KevinJ

Reaction score
You would think that Verizon, Motorola,...whoever would have the decency to push the update to DroidForums members first.
Maybe they're doing the Santa thing. you know... making a list? Perhaps the nice people will get it first. :)

Capone

Reaction score
I just the ota... I'm kinda underwelmed. I think its time for root n new rom.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Mine was waiting this morning for me. Now let's go see what it does.

cwzwack

Reaction score
What the french toast? The only things I have had to look forward to for the last several months are April 15 (Tax Day) and Android 2.1. And neither have reached me yet. FML.

Section VIII

Reaction score
Wife got the update this morning (or possibly overnight). I haven't yet. Purchased Droids on 19 Mar 2010.

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Got the update at 1:10 est this morning..love it so far!!

allison

Reaction score
Got mine this morning when I got up (had missed the news actually!). Hubby did not get the update yet.

cuskit

Reaction score
Stock Droid - woke up this morning with update notification. Hit "install" and 2 minutes later I had 2.1! I'm here on the Jersey Shore if location matters. I have also been "good & nice" - so Santa (or is it the Easter Bunny) selected me amongst many others to upgrade with the first batch.. :icon_ banana:

First impression - no difference.. No visible change other than the Gallery, which I like. It's more like the iPhone as far as swiping photos side to side. The 3d look is "touchy", gotta get used to a careful touch or it bounces all over the place.

Pinch to zoom is also nice, but instinct has me tapping.. ;) I see no snappier response to web searching or pages opening.

Okay - a month ago I would have been disappointed in this update. But time has taken it's toll, I'd gotten to the point it just didn't matter any more if 2.1 came or not. Boy cried wolf just too often.. :) But - since it's here now, I find myself wondering what all the fuss was about. This is a mediocre update at best. Two thousand+ posts discussing the whereabouts of this had me thinking Moses was about to part the waters again. Not so. He wasn't even able to part 3 screens into 5. :icon_ banana:

So - over this holiday weekend I'll play around some more and see if I've missed anything noteworthy, but other than that - this lackluster update gets a 3 out of 10 from me. And 2 of those points are for getting the update pushed before the summer, which it potentially looked to be headed.

So, what's the next move - root, roms - who knows. I'll sit back and follow the feedback and see if any hoopla evolves over hidden features I've just not found yet.

Happy Easter to all! :) mikey