How fast is your Droid?

yhbae

Reaction score
I just tried running Quadrant benchmark app for my little bro's Droid and got 372. His Droid is a stock setup without any modifications.

Then I was very surprised to see what was on this table:

http://smartphonebenchmarks.com

Some people are overclocking their Droids beyond 100% level and obtain scores higher than Droid X!

Is it safe to go this high? How much can you push without breaking his Droid?

How many of you here are currently using Droid overclocked as daily setup?

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I figure I could throw mine about 45mph or so, but I hear others can get even more speed.

Nah, jokes aside LOTS of us here are overclocked, and many many above 1ghz. It's very safe to do, and you won't break your droid if you do your research. I've been at 1ghz or higher since last November. =-)

Last edited:

Paul1201

Reaction score
It's like a totally new phone. Everything is much snappier. Another thing I did was clear the cache of all my apps which gave me back about 40mb of internal memory.

everstar80

Reaction score
But to each is own because it all depends on what's right for you. Rooting is something that you have to make sure is right for you (or your brother). Just make sure you listen to the others on the forum because they know what their doing and they will give you great advice and troubleshooting.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Im running 1550+ on my Droid 1. I have a Project Elite Rom and a Slayher 1.2 LV kernal..and im telling you it is the best Rom i have used. I have had UD 8.0, BB v.04, saphire, Liquid, and this BEATS them all with a stick.. smooth and Fast no lag no redraw like UD 8. Simply awsome

Nick177th

Reaction score
Clocked 1462 running Project Elite Custom Rom with Slayer's 1.0 Ghz kernel. If you are surprised at the Benchmark you saw at the site you posted, then it's kind of obvious you're not into the root game. Read, Read, Read. Did I mention that you need to read? Don't root unless you know what you're doing. Like many people say on this board and others, it is virtually impossible to "brick" a Droid 1 unless you do physical damage to the phone.

With that being said, if you get in trouble rooting, it is paramount that you have a clue as to what you did so someone can come and rescue you.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol my scores are higher then all the ones listed for the droid.

i consistently get over 1750 on quadrant. heres just one of the many. Running succulent desire base with my theme. Check link in signature for details. P3 Droid Low V 1250mhz kernel.

CAP201009201153.jpg

Last edited:

papafobb

Reaction score
Yes, overclocking is a must in my book.....1628. Besides the number, your phone is noticeably faster and you will not be disappointed. This shot was pre ss4.7, but I am still running Chevy's 1.2 kernel.

papafobb-albums-screenshots-picture2031-snap20100916-215757.png

Had me curious about my new set up.....

papafobb-albums-screenshots-picture2039-snap20100921-225650.png

Last edited: