[How To:] Root Your Droid 3

Reaction score
I tried to use the one click root method by Psouza but I keep getting a jit exception error. The crappy part is I cannot post the pop up error box on. Xda as a new member cannot post url links. If anyone has run across this error and can point me in the right direction.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
yup, i tried all the usb ports but kept getting this error. I was able to get it done via my wifes laptop so maybe my pc is about to shyt the bed. happily rooted now.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Droid 2g 2.3.3 rooted
with MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4
thanks this is great

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
run one click on computer more here
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - LINK to x64 drivers(64-bit) LINK to x86 drivers(32-bit)
2. Download and unzip 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' - LINK MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
5. Navigate to 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' folder and run 'MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe'
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.

suppose to work on droid 3

ModLife

Reaction score
Finally

so...Im finally rooteddancedroid.....so im staring at the command promptesque window SWEATING my stuff off...half ready to puke...if this goes south im SCREWED:rating00:....but it all ran smooth...i usedmotorola end user driver 5.2.0_64bit.msi and the droid 3 easy root scri[t as posted on like page 3 or so....CAN NOT WAIT to start freezin apps.

dAmnDroid

Reaction score
So I have a Droid 2 Global and I was told to root via the Droid 3 way because I have android 2.3.3
I'm very confused on how to root because the motorolaoneclickroot didn't work, gingerbreak didnt work. ugh

solar

Reaction score
So I have a Droid 2 Global and I was told to root via the Droid 3 way because I have android 2.3.3
I'm very confused on how to root because the motorolaoneclickroot didn't work, gingerbreak didnt work. ugh

The Droid2 should totally be able to be rooted this way. I'm pretty sure, I did my stepdads this way, but now I can't remember.... just check out the carious paged here and make sure to try all the things like make sure USB debuggin is on, try different usb ports, etc..

Reaction score
I got up the courage to try to root and got these lousy errors from the one-touch software. Can someone provide feedback on this? I'm a computer geek but not a phone geek so I'm in over my technical level.

Thanks
View attachment 40948