How fast is your Droid?

dietche

Reaction score
Sounds like he has not gotten the 2.2/froyo update yet. Before you root, I'd strongly suggest figuring out what version OS he has and if it is 2.1 or lower then figure out why he has not gotten froyo pushed to his phone by his carrier yet.

He should have gotten a score closer to In Awe, at least 700-800 for sure, if he was running 2.2/froyo.

To check what version he has do this:
Menu>Settings>{Scroll to the bottom}About Phone>Android Version.

It should say 2.2 and if it doesn't you might want to talk to his carrier first or post here and we'll take it from there.

Reaction score
lol my scores are higher then all the ones listed for the droid.

i consistently get over 1750 on quadrant. heres just one of the many. Running succulent desire base with my theme. Check link in signature for details. P3 Droid Low V 1250mhz kernel.

CAP201009201153.jpg

Ohh hahaha, I just beat your score..... Mine is 1777 dancedroid

turdbogls

Reaction score
I consistently get abouve 1200, and have gotten as high as the 1700's with a 1.25GHZ kernel. but i feel my phone runs better with the 1ghz kernel and i really can't tell a difference at all between 1ghz and 1.25ghz except for the quadrant scores. running OC'd every day with no problems.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Max frequency really depends on your phone. It depends on which chip you got off a wafer during the manufacturing process.

If you look up info on the ARM v7 or Arm cortext a8, you will notice that the frequencies are anywhere from 600mhz to +1000mhz.

So...find which one yours is...you can keep increasing your speed until you run into strange things. When I clocked my phone to 1100mhz...and tried a qs benchmark...my phone froze...had to pull battery. However, I get about 1409 (highest) at 1000mhz.

I dont want to push my cpu to the edge of its performance ALL the time..EVERYDAY. I only overclock to 800 mhz, and honestly the performance difference is not even noticable.

High benchmarks dont exactly mean your phone performs well.

Its probably safe to overclock that high if your phone can handle it though. Get around 1200+ overclocked to 800mhz, which is on par with dx, so...Im satisfied with that. Im not going to overclock it to the max just so things will process fractions of a millisecond faster than at 800.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
just a question. how come the incredible is never shown in the bar graphs for quadrant scores. is it just below all the ones that are there? or have benchmarks never been done?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is overclocking safe? Well, OP, overclocking is NEVER considered "safe" - however, i've had my Droid since launch - and it's been running at 1GHz and faster on a daily basis since the first OC kernel was released. Usually closer to 1.25GHz; but it was a warm summer, so 1.0GHz was my summer OC.

EDIT: with a score of only 372, it sounds like your little bro never received the 2.2 update - those scores are more in line with 2.1

OP
Y

yhbae

Reaction score
How hot do your phones become when you run it at 1.2GHz+? I assume all of you are using SetCPU?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
just a question. how come the incredible is never shown in the bar graphs for quadrant scores. is it just below all the ones that are there? or have benchmarks never been done?

You mean in this chart?

Smartphone Benchmarks - Compare and submit performance benchmark speeds of HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson and other smartphones

I think it was there if I recall correctly...

no i meant on your phone itself when you run quadrant. the bar graph at the end of the benchmark test never lists the incredible.

OP
Y

yhbae

Reaction score
Oh I think that's just a hard-coded chart. I don't think that list gets updated dynamically in any way. Too many phones to list anyways. Just look at the URL I pasted...

harrellj

Reaction score
How hot do your phones become when you run it at 1.2GHz+? I assume all of you are using SetCPU?

I know you're asking for a higher speed than I'm using, but my phone doesn't run hot at all. I do use SetCPU and have it set to clock down when the screen's off and when the battery hits various levels (as well as high temp of course). The phone runs well enough that I don't bother using the widget.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I AM GETTING MY phone in like 3 hours should i root it be4 activating at verizon would they be able to tell i rooted it if all i did was overclock it

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I am running BB V 0.4 with jdlfg's 1200MHz Kernal with SetCPU at the max with a Quadrant score of 1405 at 1100 and 1505 at 1200. CPU not even warm at the 1100 setting and body temp at the 1200 setting.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i rarely see 100 degrees even under heavy load for periods of time. Out of pure boredom i decided to run my phone @ 600 mhz for a few days to see how much of a difference in temp there was and the difference was only a few degrees.

donerico

Reaction score
Im running 1550+ on my Droid 1. I have a Project Elite Rom and a Slayher 1.2 LV kernal..and im telling you it is the best Rom i have used. I have had UD 8.0, BB v.04, saphire, Liquid, and this BEATS them all with a stick.. smooth and Fast no lag no redraw like UD 8. Simply awsome
I have no lag or redraws with UD8 even with the stock kernel. I run LauncherPro with 5 screens and lots of widgets.
Other than speed and smoothness what else do you like about Elite? I have been thinking of trying it but my droid is running so perfect right now I don't want to mess with it.