How fast is your Droid?

neilrl79

Reaction score
I'm running UltimateDroid8 with chevyno1's 1.1 lv kernel.
CAP201009221927.jpg

PastorSteve

Reaction score
Okay. Taking the risk of getting flamed here......why bother to overclock? It's a phone, with a camera that connects to the web. Why bother chancing ruining a great phone?

lyam

Reaction score
Legitimate question. I believe that the benefits outweigh the risks if precautions are taken. Overclocking doesn't have to mean your phone is constantly running hot at a high speed. With a proper regulator app (SetCPU for example) you can create various profiles that control the speed based on phone conditions.

The benefits? It may not seem like much, but an instantly responsive phone is a thing of beauty.

Okay. Taking the risk of getting flamed here......why bother to overclock? It's a phone, with a camera that connects to the web. Why bother chancing ruining a great phone?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No chance of getting flamed, its a great question. For many of us, the simple answer is "Because we can!" There is an awesome feeling when you take that 500mhz processor and crank it up to 2.5x its "max" speed, and it is stable at 1.25G. SetCPU is an awesome program, and if you set up your profiles, its going to be real hard to hurt your phone. The phone is more responsive, and I do see an increased battery life. I know Im taking a chance of breaking my phone, but I wont fault anyone who isn't comfortable with taking that chance.