Droid 2 Global overclock: a brief tutorial

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering when you check the" latest module" box, and now it says nadlabak patch. I am wondering if this is the patch used to actually get around the locked kernel on the globals processor? If not please correct me as im not sure what it is for. Thanks

sent from my freshly rooted droid 2 global using droidforums app

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Okay guys you are confusing the heck out of me. I thot the D2G came with a 1.3Ghz processor. Isn't this supposed to be the fastest one so far? What kind of difference will 0.05Ghz make? And this tethering...are you using desktops/laptops that don't have built-in Wifi? If I use my Hotspot to get online with my netbook is that a form of tethering? And when did this word "milestone" crop up? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jb_alphamale

Reaction score
Fantastic.Thank you OP.With your settings I hit 1762 score on quadrant.Phone stable.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Curious, as I managed to get this without overclocking.
aefc2931-bd90-4868.jpg

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world...

Jorona

Reaction score
Okay guys you are confusing the heck out of me. I thot the D2G came with a 1.3Ghz processor. Isn't this supposed to be the fastest one so far? What kind of difference will 0.05Ghz make? And this tethering...are you using desktops/laptops that don't have built-in Wifi? If I use my Hotspot to get online with my netbook is that a form of tethering? And when did this word "milestone" crop up? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

The D2G comes with a 1.2ghz processor. It was one of the highest clocked processors available, though its never really been the fastest.

Yes, the mobile hot spot is a form of tethering.

Milestone is the name this phone has outside of the US.