Help with ultimate droid 8!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornOnDaCob

Reaction score
Hey guys I am a noob to roms and rooted my droid 2 using Z4root. I kinda have a little background about roms by searching the forums but I just need a couple questions answered. I am running gummi jar right now but wanted to switch overr to ultimate droid 8. Is this even possible? So I downloaded the zip file I downloaded from a link in blackdroids forum sticky and put it on the root of my sd card. I then went into recovery mode and did install zip file from sd card and I chose the ultimate droid zip file. I cleaned the cache but when it went to install the zip file it said it was aborted due to status 7. Am I doing something completely wrong? And thanks a lot for the help. And sorry if I'm a major noob.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
U

UnicornOnDaCob

Reaction score
Okay thanks a lot for the help.

OP
U

UnicornOnDaCob

Reaction score
And would you think that that is a good thing for me to try out or should I wait and research more?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If your rooted and have bootstrap installed. Try it out. Make a back to revert to. I would research the sbf files for the x. I installed a rom om my buddies x and i dont have one wihout an issue. Always make a backup though.

Sent from my UD 3.0.0 Droid 1!

OP
U

UnicornOnDaCob

Reaction score
By backup do you mean bootstrap recovery? Sorry I'm a noob lol.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
No. He means while in recovery make a backup of your current set up just in case anything goes wrong.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
^^ yeap yeap, exactly it. this way if the rom installs wrong or gets corrupted u have something to go back too.

Droid187

Reaction score
Had nothing but issues with UD roms since 8.0 and up so I would say try something else. He makes some nice features or copies them from other builds, who knows but he seems to just keep making changes instead of fixing the bugs before moving on.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had nothing but issues with UD roms since 8.0 and up so I would say try something else. He makes some nice features or copies them from other builds, who knows but he seems to just keep making changes instead of fixing the bugs before moving on.
Thats fine, then just move on. These types of posts aren't helpful, and border on trolling.

Droid187

Reaction score
If it helps someone steer clear of a buggy rom and saves them the headache I had to endure with it how is that not helpful?

Thats fine, then just move on. These types of posts aren't helpful, and border on trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.