The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Does anyone here use quickdesk? Cause for some reason ever since I downloaded this rom (I came from ud 2.0) it doesn't work. When I try to launch it it immediately force closes. Any ideas?

Yes, I use quickdesk, and no I'm not having force closes. Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, run fix permissions, reboot, clear market cache, reboot, then reinstall or some variant of that process? If not, it may be an issue where the lack of a wipe is causing problems, but to be sure, you might want to do an over the top re-installation of this ROM first, as that seems to have helped some, me included.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is anyone else having wifi issues???

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was. I reinstalled 2.1 with no wipe and then switched to a Slayher V1.6 1000Mhz kernel. No problems since. I've used two of the nightlies and had no wifi problems with them either (same kernel) - 11/26 nightly and 11/28 nightly.

segdoh49

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get Google Voice search to work correctly.....
If I say 'call toms mobil' it does not recognize what I said and just calls something close. It also does not recognize when I say a command to text someone. I never had this problem in 2.0 Anyone having these problems with 2.1 ?????

yuxiaoyun

Reaction score
can you give the messaging a option about cdma split?

The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 Changelog:

- New popup changelog on startup (anderweb/blackdroid)
- New updated themed with images from gingerbread (blackdroid)
- Added new launcher (new customized version of adw with new features, anderweb/blackdroid)
- Added option to turn toggle overscroll and change weight of effect (rmcc)
- Reverted to 1.0.0 Phone UI untill updates are made to new UI. (Will be send out as and update)
- Newer more customizable live wallpapers (kmobs - make sure to donate)
- Updated all apps on the Ultimate Droid Servers
- Fixes for camera contious focus (droid)
- Updated Overhauled music app
- Updated News and Weather
- Updated Google CarHome
- Updated Google Talk
- Updated Marketplace
- Updated Google Maps
- New Kernel for Inc (cyanogen)
-Fixes for bluetooth

pre1.jpg
1.jpg
24.jpg
26.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Download Link:

The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 Link

Donate Link:

If you enjoy UD roms and BlackDroids work please donate :)

when we send a long text message,it always failed,so if you have a option on the messaging to auto split long message to several short messages?

anyone can help me?

Nuance

Reaction score
That is exactly what happens to me. I would very much appreciate you posting the camera apk. I have root explorer, so that won't be a problem. Thank you!

Here you go! This is actually from UD 1.0, so it should be stable since 2.0 reportedly had issues as well. Please post back and let us know if this worked for you so that others can use it if they need to. Also, make sure to reboot after you replace the file, and note that you will now have both a camcorder and camera shortcut in your app drawer.

Thank you sir!

Nuance

Reaction score
I had the same problems at first. But after changing the flash settings and the focus settings a few times it quit doing it's own thing. Camera in 2.1 works fine. Now that I have everything set up just the way I want it I hear there's another Update coming out UD 2.3.0 or something like that.
Don't know what it can do to make this rom run any better, but I'm happy with this 2.1 I didn't like the UD Launcher so I deleted it and went to my old standby ADW 1.2.0 Standalone launcher.

Since that's now two people who aren't having issues, I switched back to the original BD 2.1 camera.apk and tested. Now the issue is gone. I think you are right, segdoh49, in that the continuous focus may have something to do with it. When in continuous focus and in a dark spot, the camera tries to find something to focus on by flashing the LED and trying to decipher what is in the picture. When switching to "auto" focus, it doesn't do that anymore, so it must be related to the "continuous" focus in a dimly lit setting. I am now no longer having camera issues...thanks for your help on that!
That's good to know. I'll check those settings out to be sure I didn't have them enabled. Thanks again!

chewychewbacca

Reaction score
Been rocking 2.1.0 all day. Loving it so far! Going very minimalist on my homescreen.

What Theme is that? The clock looks nice.

And also, if I want to try out new kernels, do I just do an update.zip over Ultimate Droid?
Is there an order I have to do it such as install kernel, then install Ultimate Droid or vice versa?
What's the best way to try out different kernels?
Should I make a nandroid backup and go back to it and install different kernel or can I actually just install a kernel over a different kernel?

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
has this been watermark'd yet

and is the swype keyboard somewhere on here?

sorry for the terrible questions I just haven't been on here much lately

mdgmcse

Reaction score

Superman

Reaction score
Been rocking 2.1.0 all day. Loving it so far! Going very minimalist on my homescreen.

What Theme is that? The clock looks nice.

No theme. Just using the launcher that came with 2.1.0. Found the background with a Google image search. Clock is SiMi Clock Widget, in the market, free. :)
I prefer my homescreen without the notification bar or dock. I've set it so swipe up opens the app drawer and swipe down opens notifications. WIN!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
has this been watermark'd yet

and is the swype keyboard somewhere on here?

sorry for the terrible questions I just haven't been on here much lately

No swype and no Watermark'd on this one, but there are several other cool themes that you might like...have a look here if you haven't already:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/99625-themes-ultimate-droid-2-1-0-a.html
Thanks for the response... flashed this rom but I'm having the same troubles I've been having w ud8... market can't dowload anything/install or update... so I'm back to ud8 for the night to use my apps ill try again in the morning

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
Does anyone here use quickdesk? Cause for some reason ever since I downloaded this rom (I came from ud 2.0) it doesn't work. When I try to launch it it immediately force closes. Any ideas?

Yes, I use quickdesk, and no I'm not having force closes. Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, run fix permissions, reboot, clear market cache, reboot, then reinstall or some variant of that process? If not, it may be an issue where the lack of a wipe is causing problems, but to be sure, you might want to do an over the top re-installation of this ROM first, as that seems to have helped some, me included.

Thanks I tried uninstalling it and installing it again, fix permissions, clear market cache, and rebooting, but it still won't work. I'm gonna try doing an over the top re-installation of the rom, but I just have one question. Should I wipe first or no?

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
So I have downloaded this ROM and for some reason I can't get it to work. Every time I try my phone tells me that the update was aborted. I know I am missing a step somewhere... Could someone please tell me the exact steps I need to take to get this ROM on my phone.
Thanks
Cara