The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Hasn't Cakes done Rockin Rainbows for 2.1?

Been using it since UD 6.0 and I couldn't agree more. Now, I just have to make a Pink theme so I can upgrade my wife wih=thout her complaining about something...lol

Pink theme would be great for me for the same reason! I ended up having to install LFY 1.95 on my wife's phone just because it's the only one with a pink theme that is relatively recent. Actually, there isn't a pink theme, but Corinacakes did a rockin' rainbows that was "girly" enough for her.

I'd jump all over a pink theme if you did one. Thanks bro.

DroidForums junkie!

Yes, thank you...its always good to have a few choices tho...especially for a picky wife! LOL

Dawg72

Reaction score
Well how is it? I love the way it looks but am not sure if I'm ready to change again already. I just switched to bugless beast rom, will this theme change anything? Thanks.

Last edited:

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Well how is it? I love the way it looks but am not sure if I'm ready to change again already. I just switched to bugless beast rom, will this theme change anything? Thanks.

Tons of customization options, in fact, more than I remember with any BD ROM, much less other "brands". I ran into an issue with the launcher which fubar'd my widgets, but all I did was go into edit mode and delete those screens then re-added them and set them back up. The camera also went haywire on me, so I deleted the existing camera.apk and replaced it from the one from the previous release so that's working fine now. Other than that, smooth experience, great stock theme but with about 11 others now to choose from, what more can you say, it's vintage BD.

If you're not sure, just do a full nandroid backup and then give this a whirl. If it's not your thing, just do a full nandroid restore and you're warped back in time to where you started from!

- my 2cents

Nuance

Reaction score

It seems pretty decent, but the dreaded camera issue remains. Who else still has this problem? It's a deal breaker for me, so if there is a fix please let me know.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what's wrong with the camera?

mdgmcse

Reaction score

It seems pretty decent, but the dreaded camera issue remains. Who else still has this problem? It's a deal breaker for me, so if there is a fix please let me know.

You can replace that camera.apk with another and it fixes the problem. I had the same issue...the screen would freak out and the flash would start strobing and acting crazy. Just replacing that file fixed the problem. If you want for me to post the one that I used that worked, just let me know...you need Root Explorer, or you will need to set your phone in God Mode to replace the file.

Nuance

Reaction score

You can replace that camera.apk with another and it fixes the problem. I had the same issue...the screen would freak out and the flash would start strobing and acting crazy. Just replacing that file fixed the problem. If you want for me to post the one that I used that worked, just let me know...you need Root Explorer, or you will need to set your phone in God Mode to replace the file.

That is exactly what happens to me. I would very much appreciate you posting the camera apk. I have root explorer, so that won't be a problem. Thank you!

mdgmcse

Reaction score
That is exactly what happens to me. I would very much appreciate you posting the camera apk. I have root explorer, so that won't be a problem. Thank you!

Here you go! This is actually from UD 1.0, so it should be stable since 2.0 reportedly had issues as well. Please post back and let us know if this worked for you so that others can use it if they need to. Also, make sure to reboot after you replace the file, and note that you will now have both a camcorder and camera shortcut in your app drawer.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just took a pic and made a video and then went and viewed them. The video screen flickred a couple times but it worked with no issues. Should I be expecting a non functioning 2.1 camera?

mdgmcse

Reaction score
I just took a pic and made a video and then went and viewed them. The video screen flickred a couple times but it worked with no issues. Should I be expecting a non functioning 2.1 camera?

It seems as though a random few of us are having issues. What it does is the screen starts flickering and the flash starts going off on its own. Not just one anomaly, but every few seconds it has a freakout session. I didn't honestly troubleshoot it out by changing settings, I just deleted it since a couple other posters mentioned the same thing. FWIW, I was on the stock kernel at the time as well...didn't experiment with other kernels. I honestly don't use the camera and camcorder a lot, I just need it to work in the few times that I do, so I just put in a known good one rather than fiddle. If you're not having those specific issues, then you can safely ignore us ;)

segdoh49

Reaction score

It seems as though a random few of us are having issues. What it does is the screen starts flickering and the flash starts going off on its own. Not just one anomaly, but every few seconds it has a freakout session. I didn't honestly troubleshoot it out by changing settings, I just deleted it since a couple other posters mentioned the same thing. FWIW, I was on the stock kernel at the time as well...didn't experiment with other kernels. I honestly don't use the camera and camcorder a lot, I just need it to work in the few times that I do, so I just put in a known good one rather than fiddle. If you're not having those specific issues, then you can safely ignore us ;)
I had the same problems at first. But after changing the flash settings and the focus settings a few times it quit doing it's own thing. Camera in 2.1 works fine. Now that I have everything set up just the way I want it I hear there's another Update coming out UD 2.3.0 or something like that.
Don't know what it can do to make this rom run any better, but I'm happy with this 2.1 I didn't like the UD Launcher so I deleted it and went to my old standby ADW 1.2.0 Standalone launcher.

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
Does anyone here use quickdesk? Cause for some reason ever since I downloaded this rom (I came from ud 2.0) it doesn't work. When I try to launch it it immediately force closes. Any ideas?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried running Fix Permissions?

Does anyone here use quickdesk? Cause for some reason ever since I downloaded this rom (I came from ud 2.0) it doesn't work. When I try to launch it it immediately force closes. Any ideas?

DroidForums junkie!

mdgmcse

Reaction score
I had the same problems at first. But after changing the flash settings and the focus settings a few times it quit doing it's own thing. Camera in 2.1 works fine. Now that I have everything set up just the way I want it I hear there's another Update coming out UD 2.3.0 or something like that.
Don't know what it can do to make this rom run any better, but I'm happy with this 2.1 I didn't like the UD Launcher so I deleted it and went to my old standby ADW 1.2.0 Standalone launcher.

Since that's now two people who aren't having issues, I switched back to the original BD 2.1 camera.apk and tested. Now the issue is gone. I think you are right, segdoh49, in that the continuous focus may have something to do with it. When in continuous focus and in a dark spot, the camera tries to find something to focus on by flashing the LED and trying to decipher what is in the picture. When switching to "auto" focus, it doesn't do that anymore, so it must be related to the "continuous" focus in a dimly lit setting. I am now no longer having camera issues...thanks for your help on that!