The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Which recovery are you using?

So I have downloaded this ROM and for some reason I can't get it to work. Every time I try my phone tells me that the update was aborted. I know I am missing a step somewhere... Could someone please tell me the exact steps I need to take to get this ROM on my phone.
Thanks
Cara

DroidForums junkie!

LT*

Reaction score
Thanks for the response... flashed this rom but I'm having the same troubles I've been having w ud8... market can't dowload anything/install or update... so I'm back to ud8 for the night to use my apps ill try again in the morning

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I had this issue recently, and what found was that in my android.secure folder on the SD card I had doubles of most of my SD card app in there. I deleted the doubles, and everything started working again. I suspect it was Titanium that caused this, but I'm not sure.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I have downloaded this ROM and for some reason I can't get it to work. Every time I try my phone tells me that the update was aborted. I know I am missing a step somewhere... Could someone please tell me the exact steps I need to take to get this ROM on my phone.
Thanks
Cara

Do yourself a favor and download and install the 2.3 version. Here's the instructions:

Installation Instructions [SPRecovery]
1) Download the ROM of your choice
2) Rename to "update.zip" and place on the root of your SD Card
3) Reboot into SPRecovery
4) Select "install" from the SPRecovery menu
5) Select "allow update.zip"
6) Select "Install update.zip Depreciated"
7) Let it install your ROM
8) Press power button to return to main screen of SPRecovery
9) Select “reboot system now”
10) Let the ROM load
_____Note: If the ROM is deodexed then the first boot will take a long time, every other reboot will go by fast

Installation Instructions [ClockWork]
1) Download the ROM of your choice and place somewhere on your SD Card
2) Reboot into ClockWork recovery
3) Select install update.zip
4) Select install zip from SD Card
5) Navigate to where you placed the ROM
6) Select "install"
7) Your ROM will be installed
8) Reboot from the main screen of ClockWork Recovery

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
I want to make sure I am doing this right, when I flashed lithium ROM I got a message that SD-EXT wasn't set up(or something to that affect). Do I need to partition my SD card before flashing this ROM? Could that be why I am not getting this to work? Also I am running clockwork mod from ROM manager... Is there a better way to do this? Do I need to take more steps other than flashing the phone and wiping cache and data( currently running lithium rom)?Like I said I am very new at this :) And this ROM looks so awesome!!!

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
If I go into clockwork mod recovery and select this ROM it gives me 2 files, one called meta-inf and one called system. When I click on either of them it says file empty. When I do this in SPF recovery it tells me that installation has been aborted. What am I doing wrong? I really want this ROM on my phone but am about ready to give up, I have put about 10 hours into downloading and applying this ROM.Please help!

jellybean420

Reaction score
If I go into clockwork mod recovery and select this ROM it gives me 2 files, one called meta-inf and one called system. When I click on either of them it says file empty. When I do this in SPF recovery it tells me that installation has been aborted. What am I doing wrong? I really want this ROM on my phone but am about ready to give up, I have put about 10 hours into downloading and applying this ROM.Please help!

Well sounds like either you downloaded it wrong or you unzipped it. Download the rom and put it into a folder on your sdcard. Don't unzip it and then boot into recovery sp or clockwork and install it. If using sp recovery just rename it update.zip. Also they just updated this to 2.3.0 so maybe give that a try

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mdgmcse

Reaction score
I want to make sure I am doing this right, when I flashed lithium ROM I got a message that SD-EXT wasn't set up(or something to that affect). Do I need to partition my SD card before flashing this ROM? Could that be why I am not getting this to work? Also I am running clockwork mod from ROM manager... Is there a better way to do this? Do I need to take more steps other than flashing the phone and wiping cache and data( currently running lithium rom)?Like I said I am very new at this :) And this ROM looks so awesome!!!

That message just has to do with the installation of applications to your SD card. In order for that to work, you have to partition your SD card, which also unfortunately involves wiping out everything on it. You don't have to do this to get the ROM running, you just wont have the option to move applications to your SD card. If you do decide, just make sure you save everything from your SD card to your computer first, then copy it all back after you have setup your SD-EXT partition.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Does anyone here use quickdesk? Cause for some reason ever since I downloaded this rom (I came from ud 2.0) it doesn't work. When I try to launch it it immediately force closes. Any ideas?

Yes, I use quickdesk, and no I'm not having force closes. Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, run fix permissions, reboot, clear market cache, reboot, then reinstall or some variant of that process? If not, it may be an issue where the lack of a wipe is causing problems, but to be sure, you might want to do an over the top re-installation of this ROM first, as that seems to have helped some, me included.

Thanks I tried uninstalling it and installing it again, fix permissions, clear market cache, and rebooting, but it still won't work. I'm gonna try doing an over the top re-installation of the rom, but I just have one question. Should I wipe first or no?

Installing over the top is a step prior to having to wipe first to avoid having to reinstall all of your applications. This just helps to get any files that might be corrupt or missing back where they belong which might fix any lingering issues. A wipe-reinstall gives you the best chance to avoid issues, but makes you have to use TB and the market reinstall to get everything back, which is why I was saying to just do a reinstall without wiping first.

You might just avoid all this and install the new 2.3.0 version that was released yesterday...maybe that will fix that issue for you!

RedRumy3

Reaction score
Decided to try this rom again and so far it's running a lot better on my phone. Other version I use to get force close almost all the time but now its running smooth and fast. Looks great too.

Running with P3 Kernel 1.2 LV.

Quadrant score

6c1b19a0-6dbe-8602.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited: