All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought UD 8 ran at 800mhz stock?

ballmore

Reaction score
How do I get rid of the kernal I have now. It's running 800mhz but I think that it still might be the problem. I would rather not run a kernal at first than try to find another one that might work. Being that I just said that, if anybody has a kernal suggestion then please let me know. I want to try it first without an added kernal to see if it goes into the bootloop again.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do I get rid of the kernal I have now. It's running 800mhz but I think that it still might be the problem. I would rather not run a kernal at first than try to find another one that might work. Being that I just said that, if anybody has a kernal suggestion then please let me know. I want to try it first without an added kernal to see if it goes into the bootloop again.

I would try one of P3Droid's kernels. I don't have his website, but google P3Droid Kernel and you'll get it. Just be sure to select one of the 2.2 kernels. You get rid of your old kernel by loading a new one over it.

chris420o

Reaction score
ok im having a problem with launcherpro...im getting like non stop fcs a day for launcher pro with ud8 and redglass theme...i had redrum theme n thought i was that changed it and still same problem...any suggestions bc if it wasnt for the rotary lock i think id leave ud n i been lovin ud n dont wanna leave it excpet these fcs are killing me

Issemann

Reaction score
I experienced the same. I did a few things that seem to have resolved this issue for me....

1) Uncheck "Keep in Memory" (under General Settings)

2) Set up your memory settings (under Advanced Settings) like mine:

ad3f57ac-0b4e-7d21.jpg

chris420o

Reaction score
I experienced the same. I did a few things that seem to have resolved this issue for me....

ad3f57ac-0b4e-7d21.jpg

cant see the pic mad small n blurry...but from the looks of the checks mine are all the same...n im gettin fcs as we speak i wanna break my phone

segdoh49

Reaction score

ad3f57ac-0b4e-7d21.jpg

cant see the pic mad small n blurry...but from the looks of the checks mine are all the same...n im gettin fcs as we speak i wanna break my phone
Don't think it's a problem with UD8,Probably a Launcher Pro problem. Try downloading it from the Market instead of installing it from the rom. And it also may help to try Launcher Pro Plus for a small fee. But I would try the free version from the Market first,,,,trouble is always where you find it......

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ballmore, it has been my personal experience with kernels that, if you use one that your phone does not like, you should revert back to one that did work before trying another one. As opposed to going from one that doesn't work to a different one. Don't know why or if it matters. Just saying I seem to have to do that or my phone won't work.

Issemann

Reaction score
Try downloading it from the Market instead of installing it from the rom

I can't remember if I installed LP from the ROM or not. I did purchase LP Pro, however, and I'm showing the latest version (0.7.9) is installed.

PS: Sorry for the blurry pic. (I submitted the post & pic using Tapatalk) :mad:

thejas

Reaction score
Stuck in bootloop. I've wiped my ass (data and cache) till it is raw!!!! This is my 5th time wiping today. 4 wipes a half hour ago and one wipe while I am typing this. I've had UD for a week and every single time that I've had to reboot my phone it gets stuck in a bootloop.
I've even changed to a new memory card, installed UD on it and got the same problem.
The last time (a half hour ago) I installed UD without a theme. Then once all of the apps reloaded I tried to reboot. Bootloop again.
I've fixed permissions.When I freshly install UD it works fine. But every single time that I have to reboot it gets stuck.
Seems like the only fix that anyone has is to wipe my ass a lot and hope for the best. If there isn't a better fix that actually works then I'm gonna have to switch to another rom. I really don't want to do that cuz I love the extras and the themes. I was hoping to get a rom this time that had all of the extras that also ran right on my phone. I would be a die hard fan if I could get the phone to stop bootlooping. I

I'm on a Moto Droid 1.:blink:

Might I suggest a different kernel? Try one of p3droids kernels. I love them

Status
Not open for further replies.