All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey,

Just installed UD 8.0 for the first time...got a question that I can't find an answer for....

How can I get rid of the status bar clock? Didn't see a place in settings, and XUltimate errors out.

Settings > UD Settings > User Interface > Status Bar > uncheck Show Clock

jbrock98

Reaction score
What is the best lastest stable rom out in your opinion?

Its hard to say what exactly is the best even if there is such a thing, but I would say Cm, sapphire, and ud are by far the top tier, with ultimate droid being my number 1, even tho I've not flashed it in almost 3 weeks, but here's my break down, MY OPINION 4 WHAT RUNS BEST ON MY PHONE
1a)UD
1b)CHEVY(he stepped his game up w/ 4.7)
2)CM
3) sapphire
These not necessarily mean best to worst just what I like, and a great looking theme goes along way too, I'm currently on shadow rom w/ red incognito, rom has potential as long as it doesn't get abandoned

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey,

Just installed UD 8.0 for the first time...got a question that I can't find an answer for....

How can I get rid of the status bar clock? Didn't see a place in settings, and XUltimate errors out.

Settings > UD Settings > User Interface > Status Bar > uncheck Show Clock

Well damn. Guess I need to look closer next time. :)

Thanks from a fellow Virginian!

metasin

Reaction score
My notification light is so annoying now. It refuses to blink like before.... I do not like a solid light. No matter where i change this its always the same. Any ideas??
I had the same problem with the LED not blinking and fixed it by going into Settings > Ultimate Droid > User Interface > LED notifications > Advanced - then click and unclick each of the boxes - now my LED works normally.

Ha, that worked. Thanks! I know it was a minor issue but it was aggravating my OCD! Now if I can just figure out why my battery life seems so crappy…

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody having issues with Tempmonitor reporting CPU temps? Just came over from LFY 1.6 and am using the same P3 250-1000 GHz kernel. However, in UD 8, TempMonitor reports it as an incompatible kernel.

Tried uninstalling TempMonitor, rebooting into recovery, reflashing the kernel, and then reinstalling TempMonitor. Still only giving the battery temp and saying incompatible kernel.

Haven't tried another kernel yet, chevy and slayher kernels always run hot on my phone.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody having issues with Tempmonitor reporting CPU temps? Just came over from LFY 1.6 and am using the same P3 250-1000 GHz kernel. However, in UD 8, TempMonitor reports it as an incompatible kernel.

Tried uninstalling TempMonitor, rebooting into recovery, reflashing the kernel, and then reinstalling TempMonitor. Still only giving the battery temp and saying incompatible kernel.

Haven't tried another kernel yet, chevy and slayher kernels always run hot on my phone.

Update: So I gave ChevyNo1's LV 1 GHz kernel a shot this morning and tempmonitor fird right up with the CPU temp. Also, it seems to be running pretty cool on this ROM. :)

Still curious about the P3 kernel though. Thoughts?

segdoh49

Reaction score
Ok about ready to take DM8 off my phone. Had it on for a day and ran pretty good except for the camera and video. When I go to record video the screen locks up and does not record. Tried doing a fix permissions several time to no avail. Has anyone else had these problems ????
Used SPRecovery wiped data and cache 3 times and installed, anyone have any suggestions ?
Stock Kernal....

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK I'll bite.. let me go get my phone and try to shoot video.

EDIT: just recrded and played back about 30 seconds of my TV in high quality. I then replayed it to make sure it saved it. No issues. The camera I have already used and it works fine. When you take a pic it looks a little poor but when you go view it, it looks like what a 5megapixel pic should... excellent.

Last edited:

pandies

Reaction score
static issue?

This is the second time I have flashed this rom... my daughter has no problems... my phone does.. lol..
It works fine for a day or so.. then all my sounds start this static sound.. then static even when not playing a sound.. i turn the sound all the way down and still have a low high pitched sound... please help.. i love this rom... it rocks...

vmukund

Reaction score
Sorry I am just lost but did the UD8 pandora sounding crap issue fixed with some setup? let me know

Nick177th

Reaction score
Running UD 8. Are the Market slowdowns due to the Market itself or the ROM I am running?

I think it's actually the market. I was running Project Elite for a few days and the market was moving as slow as pond water.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sorry I am just lost but did the UD8 pandora sounding crap issue fixed with some setup? let me know
I don't think it's been fixed. At least I haven't seen it. I'm hoping someone has an idea, too.

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
Running UD 8. Are the Market slowdowns due to the Market itself or the ROM I am running?

I think it's actually the market. I was running Project Elite for a few days and the market was moving as slow as pond water.

I'm glad I saw this post. I was about to flash back to UD 7. I flashed 8 yesterday and the market in addition to being slow is not showing that my apps are installed. It only shows about a dozen apps and they are listed as free or purchased, but none showing installed. Maybe I should just give it a few days? I have no way of knowing when the others need updates. I was wondering if Titanium Backup broke my market links or something.

I just noticed the Market Doctor feature in TB. Trying that now and will report back.

Ok it seems that fixed the issue with the apps not showing that they were installed. I'm getting an error when I try to list my downloads that say there is a server error so that part is on the market end I guess.

Last edited:

Ozzie

Reaction score
Ok...I must be hallucinating here...I put in UD 8 in my Droid a few days ago...and I noticed that my led was on...and appeared to be changing colors to what I thought was cpu usage? Then I lost it...if I go into User Interface I get a force close, but have learned that this normally is for missed calls, etc.

I was really liking seeing how hard things were working...just another toy, I know, but it was cool. Is there a way to get this back?

I've tried what I know...wiping and starting fresh, etc. I am using the black bold theme. Neither plain or the theme fires the led up.

Any help??

Status
Not open for further replies.