Help not letting me update to jellybean

jetshockey2

Reaction score
I have tried to update my droid razr to jellybean 3 times and each time when its updating the android falls over and there is a red triangle with an exlicmation point on it. My phone was rooted
but i have unistalled superuser su but safestrap is still on there along with one of my roms. How do i fix this and update to jellybean?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Might have to remove safe strap?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have tried to update my droid razr to jellybean 3 times and each time when its updating the android falls over and there is a red triangle with an exlicmation point on it. My phone was rooted
but i have unistalled superuser su but safestrap is still on there along with one of my roms. How do i fix this and update to jellybean?
I'm pretty sure you will have to uninstall SafeStrap. Also, did you delete any of the apps that came on the phone? If you uninstalled any of the bloatware that came with the phone, that required root to uninstall them, then the update will not work until you replace the uninstalled apps. Also, if you disabled or froze any apps they need to be enabled or unfrozen. There are some apps that came with the phone that you could uninstall without root...you don't have to replace those.

jlrivera81

Reaction score
I've been trying all day, literally. Still, i have had no luck at all. Here are some of the things I've tried.

• removed safestrap
  • wiped cache
  • factory reset

I've downloading the update many many times. Each time the installation starts, the progress bar reaches about 25% completion and then errors out to the android with exclamation mark.
When I look at the error message, I get a cache error that references my current *.211 system.

Does anyone know in which folder does the update get saved. The reason I ask is because I'm tired of waiting 15 minutes for the download to finish each time I went to try again. I thought maybe I can just save the file to my external sd and attempt to install from there.

Another question I have is based on something I read elsewhere. I read that the install was saved in the cache folder. When I checked, I found that each time I start the JB update download, it places the following files in my cache folder: Blur_version.6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us.crc & blur_versionl.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip. Is this suppose to happen? Why would downloading the jb update place these ics files in my cache.

The last thing I was going to try was to completely unroot, then try to install again. I was hoping I wouldnt have to do that. Do any of you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks

Reaction score
The file goes in the root directory of your external SD card not in a folder. Try that and it should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
J

jetshockey2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you will have to uninstall SafeStrap. Also, did you delete any of the apps that came on the phone? If you uninstalled any of the bloatware that came with the phone, that required root to uninstall them, then the update will not work until you replace the uninstalled apps. Also, if you disabled or froze any apps they need to be enabled or unfrozen. There are some apps that came with the phone that you could uninstall without root...you don't have to replace those.

how would i do that though?

Reaction score
You should be able to download the file to your computer from a link on the Droid Life website and the connect your USB cable from your phone to your computer to transfer the file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jlrivera81

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I got it working now. I had to use Matt's linuxmacutility to revert back to 100% stock and then update from there