Jelly Bean Update Failed

casper05lly

Reaction score
Chaser, I side loaded with out a problem. After it loaded I cleared the cache. If there is a chance it will brick the phone I can't say

JohnFH

Reaction score
Is there any chance that I will brick my phone using the side-load method?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it is possible to soft brick if you install a corrupted file. However, the main issue is that this may not be the final JB build, so I may have taken my phone off of the upgrade path (at least temporarily.).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

JohnFH

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible to soft brick if you install a corrupted file. **Also, DO NOT try to install this over anything other than the official ICS build 211.**Also,this may not be the final JB build, so I may have taken my phone off of the upgrade path (at least temporarily.).

casper05lly

Reaction score
I am not sure it will take it off the path. There were a lot of phones that were upgraded without side loading it

JohnFH

Reaction score
That's a good point, Casper.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Lol, sorry for the DUP post!

jaye712

Reaction score
Only thing I forgot was to root and protect and un-root before upgrading. LOL! Oh well, I'll have to wait till Jelly Bean is rooted for us, or I could be the guinea pig and try to roll back! :blink:

Iam stayin in the 215 highway...i wouldve forgot to do all that but Out of everybodyyyy fox?lmao

#215 G.I JANE