Thinking about finally updating

droidx38

Reaction score
My maxx is currently running:

system version 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android version 2.3.6

Before I update I just want to verify that I can still use my wifi tether first?, and if so is this the proper order to do things in:

1 - Unblock everything I have blocked from running using my antec app manager.
2 - then unroot
3 - Reboot phone
4 - Wait for the OTA updates to download and install up to the current version of JellyBean
5 - Use the Jellybean XT912 version of the RAZR UTILITY to install the newest version of motorola drivers
6 - Use the utility to root phone
7 - IF anything goes wrong, is there any earlier version than JellyBean I can download now so I can take the phone back to and start over?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm no pro, but...
not sure if you have to re-root afterwards. I asked about losing root after updating and got the answer that the phone would still be rooted.....wait for more input on that though.

After updating, and root is obtained, if you want to do Wifi tether, you'll have to perform the entitlement hack using an app called SQLite Editor (paid version), or there is an option (that I used) that's free, that requires 2 apps, aSqlitemanager, and aShell.
If you don't want to do the hack, the PdaNet+ app is an option to tether, but the hack is so simple to do I would just do it.

Lastly, I do not believe that there is any way to go back, once you install Jelly Bean

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
Maybe it would be better to stop at ice cream sandwich then. I would be ok with doing that if need be. I would rather play it safe and be able to SBF back to stock if something were to happen.