Gingerbread MIUI?

crusher04

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm now running Peter Alfonso's Gpa10 stable stock gingerbread build. For now, I'm in between miui and Gpa10.

I was wondering if the Chinese MIUI devs have a plan as to when they are switching to gingerbread guts, now that it is aosp and is also in cm7.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Antonius138

Reaction score
Careful bro, I asked that question a while back and got nothing but grief...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score
They haven't said anything other than they will work on it sometime. Releasing stable froyo is the goal now. They are officially supporting 4 devices and only one has official gingerbread, the N1.

tharris297

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest ... i spent the last 2 weeks giving CM7 nighties a go and I'm about to switch back to MIUI. Gingerbread is just a memory hog. After system boots i have between 30 and 40 megs available ram and now I cannot run my Zynga Poker as it appears to be just a little to much for the recent builds. I guess is that as the full CM experience is put in and the RC's come out that us lowly droid users may be forced. Most of now are running one program at time as gingerbread kills processed (unless locked in memory) to make room for other programs. Just my opinion, but I see why the d1 isn't on the gingerbread upgrade list.

mjh68

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest ... i spent the last 2 weeks giving CM7 nighties a go and I'm about to switch back to MIUI. Gingerbread is just a memory hog. After system boots i have between 30 and 40 megs available ram and now I cannot run my Zynga Poker as it appears to be just a little to much for the recent builds. I guess is that as the full CM experience is put in and the RC's come out that us lowly droid users may be forced. Most of now are running one program at time as gingerbread kills processed (unless locked in memory) to make room for other programs. Just my opinion, but I see why the d1 isn't on the gingerbread upgrade list.

Try Davros, Gimpmod Asop Gingerbread. It is fast, and basically stock gingerbread built off Pete's build and it works great !

tharris297

Reaction score

Try Davros, Gimpmod Asop Gingerbread. It is fast, and basically stock gingerbread built off Pete's build and it works great !

I'll hit up google and see if I can find it .. thanks for the info ... but MIUI and Froyo are what I'm enjoying right now ;)

Reaction score

There's a lot of angst over this on the CM forums; CM7 and GB has a fairly large memory footprint, and what seems a freakishly aggressive task killer. The upshot for Droid 1's are that with its somewhat limited memory size, background tasks do no last long at all. I noticed this on streaming music apps; I couldn't hardly get through a song (subsonic, pandora) in the background before the app got killed.

If I wanted to NOT multitask, I'd have bought an iPhone. So I'm sticking with a Froyo ROM for now.

crackedvenom

Reaction score

There's a lot of angst over this on the CM forums; CM7 and GB has a fairly large memory footprint, and what seems a freakishly aggressive task killer. The upshot for Droid 1's are that with its somewhat limited memory size, background tasks do no last long at all. I noticed this on streaming music apps; I couldn't hardly get through a song (subsonic, pandora) in the background before the app got killed.

If I wanted to NOT multitask, I'd have bought an iPhone. So I'm sticking with a Froyo ROM for now.

i noticed that last night as i had gps and my music going. it would shut off after awhile. i was wondering what was up with that

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe its the apps needing to be updated to comply with GB's angry task killer.
Edit* even tapatalk needs a lock home in memory option with GB.

Urugami

Reaction score
OP, I've been running GPA 10 since Friday, and I haven't had background music killed yet. Right now, I have 83MB free, and that's not the SD card.

OP
C

crusher04

Reaction score
I agree, I too have plenty of memory (more so than Miui) available most of the time in GPA10. I just asked because I'm addicted to the latest and greatest, as most of us are, I'm sure!

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I came back to MIUI to try it out , GPA10 is to buggy for me right now , the missing calls and text plus some weird quirks with calls and dropping 3g , drove me away from it until Pete gets the kinks worked out I will tinker with MIUI . This build seems to be working quite well right now for me .
Good job again !

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
I'm dropping miui on this build because my phone ran fast at first but kept messing up, the phone started moving really sluggish it took me way to long to make a phone call as well as many other issues... love me some miui but this build seems to be a train wreck...

bustadroid

Reaction score
I'm taking a break from miui too. I will be back though, mark my words haha. :)