Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Reaction score
I installed the SwiftKey 3 trial, but it is not swifting...I checked all the settings, went through the setup and downloading of the language....

I have to be missing something obvious.....

The keyboard comes up, etc, but I cant just "swift" over the keys. I have to type each letter.

jseah

Reaction score
Swiftkey 3 is a "regular" keyboard. It is Swiftkey Flow that will have the swpe like functionality where you can type by sliding your finger over the keys. That should be introduced by Swiftkey as a beta shortly.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I installed the SwiftKey 3 trial, but it is not swifting...I checked all the settings, went through the setup and downloading of the language....

I have to be missing something obvious.....

The keyboard comes up, etc, but I cant just "swift" over the keys. I have to type each letter.

That option is not available yet.. They are sending emails for beta test before it gets updated...

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Swiftkey 3 is a "regular" keyboard. It is Swiftkey Flow that will have the swpe like functionality where you can type by sliding your finger over the keys. That should be introduced by Swiftkey as a beta shortly.

That marketing name paid off, I always thought swift key was a Swype like keyboard. Kinda like slide it.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

Reaction score
That marketing name paid off, I always thought swift key was a Swype like keyboard. Kinda like slide it.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

When they get the swype like function, it will. I am finding the Samsung Keyboard with the Swiftkey "flow" function, to be pretty awesome. I never liked Swype, as I could not regular type very well on it. I find I can do both on the Samsung keyboard. I love the keyboard, but LightFlow breaks the Flow function of it, so I am looking for a workaround.

Looking for a way to change the color of the LED for email. I need texts and emails to be different LED's. All the LED control apps break the FLOW in the Samsung Keyboard.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Looking for a way to change the color of the LED for email. I need texts and emails to be different LED's. All the LED control apps break the FLOW in the Samsung Keyboard.

SMS pop up can change the Led for text and doesn't break the flow. .You can also use it as default so not to get the lock screen to turn on when phone is asleep. .

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

soulpatch

Reaction score
Since there has been a workaround found to get the blocking mode back I am curious if anyone has stumbled into a way to edit the multiwindow apps? Did VZ simply hide this or is it removed from this version?

Reaction score
SMS pop up can change the Led for text and doesn't break the flow. .You can also use it as default so not to get the lock screen to turn on when phone is asleep. .

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Ok, I changed the color of the LED in Handcent. However, it seems if an email comes in first, that LED notification takes over, and doesnt allow the notification for the text to come in.

I turned off notifications for email in the email settings, but seems, it does't turn off the LED notification. I am always receiving emails, so don't need the LED to notify me..

delcopa

Reaction score
Since there has been a workaround found to get the blocking mode back I am curious if anyone has stumbled into a way to edit the multiwindow apps? Did VZ simply hide this or is it removed from this version?

Yes the is a link already by modifying the the actual apk. They also posted a few apps they modified already.

See screen shot for some already well send link in a min. ...

Here you go just had to find it :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024399
[Tutorial] Add additional apps to Multi Window without needing root [Verizon]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ok, I changed the color of the LED in Handcent. However, it seems if an email comes in first, that LED notification takes over, and doesnt allow the notification for the text to come in.

I turned off notifications for email in the email settings, but seems, it does't turn off the LED notification. I am always receiving emails, so don't need the LED to notify me..

Hmmm ..I will have to look to test ..did you also try to reboot ?
I'm on the way out but will check back later. .

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Reaction score
Hmmm ..I will have to look to test ..did you also try to reboot ?
I'm on the way out but will check back later. .

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

I didn't reboot, but I will. It seems the first LED takes precedence. There is not a setting for email LED's. I can turn off notifications from the notification bar, and that stops the LED, but then I don't have it in the bar. For now, I am going with this, because the email Icon does have a number next to it, so that can be the notification.

goosedeath

Reaction score
Well, against my better judgement, thanks to everybody here, you've convinced me to go get this phone. Lol. Gonna do the add a line/musical phone/suspend second line game to get the phone at 2yr price. Lol

Reaction score
Well, against my better judgement, thanks to everybody here, you've convinced me to go get this phone. Lol. Gonna do the add a line/musical phone/suspend second line game to get the phone at 2yr price. Lol

How long can you suspend a line? And I am sure they are going to still charge for it? Never heard of this trick...I did use an upgrade for another line and transfer it to my line. The line is still active, but that could change. I was just going to eat the early termination fee if they didnt want the line anymore.

delcopa

Reaction score

Lol don't let us twist your arm :D I upgraded another line for this one and then gave my nexus to my son. Told him he better not kill it. It's only days and look what this phone can do. It's the best phone I ever owned for sure!

delcopa

Reaction score
How long can you suspend a line? And I am sure they are going to still charge for it? Never heard of this trick...I did use an upgrade for another line and transfer it to my line. The line is still active, but that could change. I was just going to eat the early termination fee if they didnt want the line anymore.

Think it was line 6 months the last time I called to cancel a line they were like just suspend it and fires what I totally forgot about it then they stated charging me again for it. So no charge on suspension but the click on the agreement also freezes.