Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

spydergirl

Reaction score
Smalltowngirl - I'm using the stock text app and found a setting that allowed me to turn off that pop-up problem. My screen doesn't turn on any more when I get a text. I'll try to go find that setting for u and will let u know.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

STG - I can't remember for sure if this is what did it for me, but I think this will work. ....

Settings
Lockscreen
Pop-up note

I unchecked that box and it solved the problem for me. My screen doesn't turn on at all now when I get a notification. Hope that helps.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
The implications of the content being snide was due to the person referencing people's comments as fussing and our complaining. Moving on to more interesting items. Unfortunately what people have been posting seems to be factual, the Verizon version, which I am a proud owner of, has been stripped of a few features most of us were looking forward to. I was very much looking forward to the blocking mode because I have been getting calls late at night from some people dialing the wrong number. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of turning off my device in case an emergency arises. Yet, the good out weigh the bad and this is the best phone so far to date by a huge margin. Hope everyone is having as much fun with learning their's as I am with mine.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The implications of the content being snide was due to the person referencing people's comments as fussing and our complaining. Moving on to more interesting items. Unfortunately what people have been posting seems to be factual, the Verizon version, which I am a proud owner of, has been stripped of a few features most of us were looking forward to. I was very much looking forward to the blocking mode because I have been getting calls late at night from some people dialing the wrong number. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of turning off my device in case an emergency arises. Yet, the good out weigh the bad and this is the best phone so far to date by a huge margin. Hope everyone is having as much fun with learning their's as I am with mine.

There are apps that put your phone into a silent mode when it's plugged in and some of them even let only certain callers through. Some also only turn on if your in a certain area. I used to use Motorola smart actions now I use hush free... there's all kinds of options just search around. I do miss my BlackBerry's beside mode... wish I knew how to code well enough to make one.

The only reason I can think Verizon would remove features is because it didn't work with their garbage bloat... out they needed more room and something had to go. Either way I'm not pulling the trigger until there are a few good roms out for this.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

toperm

Reaction score
I use Call Block from the play store. Is that not the same thing as we are talking about here?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
sharkattack99 said:
I to also notice when I activate foxfi the hotspot on the phone comes on but I dont get a message to call verizion so it must not go through it thought it was wierd though

I thought it was weird as well. But I am not worried about verizon charging me because we have to agree to their service plan to use it. Since that never came up they can not charge us for it

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Smalltowngirl - I'm using the stock text app and found a setting that allowed me to turn off that pop-up problem. My screen doesn't turn on any more when I get a text. I'll try to go find that setting for u and will let u know.

STG - I can't remember for sure if this is what did it for me, but I think this will work. ....

Settings
Lockscreen
Pop-up note

I unchecked that box and it solved the problem for me. My screen doesn't turn on at all now when I get a notification. Hope that helps.

Thanks spydergirl - I have that unchecked and was still getting the screen wake...the SMS popup is working for now - I really like the stock SMS app but could not have my screen on as I do get alot of texts in a day...I truly appreciate the help tho!

spydergirl

Reaction score
Unfortunately what people have been posting seems to be factual, the Verizon version, which I am a proud owner of, has been stripped of a few features most of us were looking forward to. I was very much looking forward to the blocking mode because I have been getting calls late at night from some people dialing the wrong number. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of turning off my device in case an emergency arises. Yet, the good out weigh the bad and this is the best phone so far to date by a huge margin. Hope everyone is having as much fun with learning their's as I am with mine.

Wonmotyme - Do u need all ur notifications to be on @ night or just ur phone? I use the Simple Sounds app to design my profiles and it works great for me. I have it set so only the phone rings @ night in case of emergency. But that may not be what u need.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Got a question for my fellow Note 2 friends. Any of u having issues with the google home page in the stock browser? Mine like keeps refreshing itself over and over and u cant use it for anything. It worked fine a few times but for the most part it doesnt work. Any ideas? Thanks.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
drew96dawg said:
Mine did that and a reboot fixed it. Have you tried that?

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Yeah tried it. Still acting up. Fine on everything else but google just keeps refreshing. Thanks for the reply tho.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Got a question for my fellow Note 2 friends. Any of u having issues with the google home page in the stock browser? Mine like keeps refreshing itself over and over and u cant use it for anything. It worked fine a few times but for the most part it doesnt work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Clear data / cache in system settings - app manager - all - browser...

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Thats very odd... I would try to clear data
Edit: you beat me by a minute :D

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Last edited: