smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes for now I am so I'm sure once I'm done setting up I'll have the same problem. Sure it is going to take me weeks until I have things right again :) but loving it so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

If you figure out a way to turn it off, let me know...I had to go with a 3rd party SMS app for now cause I didn't like the screen on/screen off, screen on/screen off...LOL

delcopa

Reaction score
my first full day of usage and still going strong!! Love this phone so far...View attachment 58709

Not me was less then 50% when I started and had to charge for a little while. Just couldn't stop from playing long enough to fully charge lol. Tomorrow will be my battery test

delcopa

Reaction score
If you figure out a way to turn it off, let me know...I had to go with a 3rd party SMS app for now cause I didn't like the screen on/screen off, screen on/screen off...LOL

Will do would like to say the is a way but with blocking mode gone won't even try to guess :) might be one of those lost features lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

delcopa

Reaction score

Just found something that might be promising.....It was posted somewhere else so I can't take credit for it. I haven't even tried it yet but here it is.....

icon1.gif
Workaround

Found a quick fix to this that is way better than defaulting to another SMS app. Simply download "SMS pop up" from the play store, make sure its enabled, and under additional preferences untick "screen on pop up" and then under notification settings untick "enable pop up" (unless you want the pop up of course). You will have to untick the regular SMS app notifications under settings but its a fix that's working for me that still keeps the stock messaging app intact.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just found something that might be promising.....It was posted somewhere else so I can't take credit for it. I haven't even tried it yet but here it is.....

icon1.gif
Workaround

Found a quick fix to this that is way better than defaulting to another SMS app. Simply download "SMS pop up" from the play store, make sure its enabled, and under additional preferences untick "screen on pop up" and then under notification settings untick "enable pop up" (unless you want the pop up of course). You will have to untick the regular SMS app notifications under settings but its a fix that's working for me that still keeps the stock messaging app intact.

I'm glad I use handcent. I won't have this issue

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

icon1.gif
Workaround

Awesome!! It works & thank you!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Awesome find... Sms works perfectly without screen turning on... Woot!

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
ive seen numerous complaints about blocking numbers.. i just did a long hold on a number and have the option to restrict it.. i tested it.. sends the caller to voicemail.. is this what the fuss is about? or what is everyone complaining about exactly?

Reeftivo

Reaction score
ive seen numerous complaints about blocking numbers.. i just did a long hold on a number and have the option to restrict it.. i tested it.. sends the caller to voicemail.. is this what the fuss is about? or what is everyone complaining about exactly?

That's what I assumed after reading all the posts regarding no blocking. I'll be getting mine this weekend so thanks for the info.

Tivo

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Regarding "is this what the fuss is about and everybody complaining " Might want to do a little more reading and comprehension. It has to do with a lot more than just blocking a telemarketer's number (or any number you don't want to hear from). Do it, go back re-read because they did a great job explaining what the blocking feature is for. I apologize for not telling you my self but I feel your reply was snide for no apparent reason. Best wishes and best of luck

Last edited:

spydergirl

Reaction score
Regarding "is this what the fuss is about and everybody complaining " Might want to do a little more reading and comprehension. It has to do with a lot more than just blocking a telemarketer's number (or any number you don't want to hear from). Do it, go back re-read because they did a great job explaining what the blocking feature is for. I apologize for not telling you my self but I feel your reply was snide for no apparent reason. Best wishes and best of luck

Wonmotyme - The discussion was regarding those of us who have VZN which doesn't give us the blocking option. While I can see why u thought the comment was snide, I don't think it was meant that way. I, too, would like to learn about the blocking options since I'm on VZN.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Smalltowngirl - I'm using the stock text app and found a setting that allowed me to turn off that pop-up problem. My screen doesn't turn on any more when I get a text. I'll try to go find that setting for u and will let u know.