Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Is this simalar to the blocking mode ur talking about in the screen shot?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I to also notice when I activate foxfi the hotspot on the phone comes on but I dont get a message to call verizion so it must not go through it thought it was wierd though

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is this simalar to the blocking mode ur talking about in the screen shot?

That just mutes a sound that's already started. Blocking mode prevents sounds, particularly calls and notifications, from ever ringing. But at the same time, you can allow designated sounds to come though (such as a call or text from a specific contact).

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well its kinda the same lol does similar kind lol

In the middle of the night when you're fast asleep and a wrong number calls and wakes you up, it definitely won't be anywhere close to the same. :p

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
bsweetness said:
In the middle of the night when you're fast asleep and a wrong number calls and wakes you up, it definitely won't be anywhere close to the same. :p

I dont worry about that cause I turn my phone off at night :) and just keep it face down right lol

spydergirl

Reaction score
Ok dumb question..... How do u get to "block mode" ? I haven't seen any options like that on mine. It's prob right under my nose and I'm just not seeing it. :\

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I dont worry about that cause I turn my phone off at night :) and just keep it face down right lol

If you turn your phone off at night, then you're good. Turning it face down doesn't stop future sounds though. It only stops a sound that has already started. After that, if the phone rings or a notification comes through, it will still ring.

Blocking mode does a lot more than all of that though. It allows you to set a specific time period (like when you're sleeping at night, at work, busy with something, etc.) where you only want what you deem to be important calls to come through. For instance, I never turn my phone off during the night because I'm worried that I'll miss an emergency call. But I do get the occasional wrong number or drunk call from a friend that wakes me up for no important reason, and that's annoying. With blocking mode, I could set the phone to only allow calls from the people I'd be worried about missing emergency information from. That way, I still get the calls that I feel are worth being woken up for, and I don't have to be bothered with the calls that are nothing more than annoyances.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ok dumb question..... How do u get to "block mode" ? I haven't seen any options like that on mine. It's prob right under my nose and I'm just not seeing it. :\

If you have the Verizon version, it's not there. That's what we've been talking about - the fact that Verizon version of the Note 2 does not have blocking mode for some odd reason. :(

spydergirl

Reaction score
I ended up editing my custom notification so that it starts out super quiet...weird that this would be the case. I also don't like how using the volume rocker to change the volume only changes the phone ringer. (or maybe there's a way to change this that I haven't figured out.)

How did u edit ur notification volumes to customize them?

spydergirl

Reaction score
If you have the Verizon version, it's not there. That's what we've been talking about - the fact that Verizon version of the Note 2 does not have blocking mode for some odd reason. :(

Ahhhh..... I see. Thx. Yes I'm VZN. Maybe someone will make an app for that. :)

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
bsweetness said:
If you turn your phone off at night, then you're good. Turning it face down doesn't stop future sounds though. It only stops a sound that has already started. After that, if the phone rings or a notification comes through, it will still ring.

Blocking mode does a lot more than all of that though. It allows you to set a specific time period (like when you're sleeping at night, at work, busy with something, etc.) where you only want what you deem to be important calls to come through. For instance, I never turn my phone off during the night because I'm worried that I'll miss an emergency call. But I do get the occasional wrong number or drunk call from a friend that wakes me up for no important reason, and that's annoying. With blocking mode, I could set the phone to only allow calls from the people I'd be worried about missing emergency information from. That way, I still get the calls that I feel are worth being woken up for, and I don't have to be bothered with the calls that are nothing more than annoyances.

Oohh well that sucks thought it would keep it muted it was worth a shot lol

delcopa

Reaction score

Very weird why they would remove something like that. Don't tell me Verizon has an app in their app store that does something like that lol

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ahhhh..... I see. Thx. Yes I'm VZN. Maybe someone will make an app for that. :)

Light Flow in the Play Store does do sleep but I am not sure if you can set it up via specific contact...